IMEI = Null

IMEI = Null

IMEI = Null

Dave04
I'm a Participant Level 1

IMEI = Null

My Galaxy S4 was purchased from US a long back. Still in good shape and want to use it. However, it's IMEI is "Null" following when it was rooted.It worked on Fido network for a few days and then suddenly it started showing "No Network"...I replaced new Fido SIM Card and started working again for another few days time and again Blocked..! 

So, question...

1. Do not Fido know on the day we insert SIM card that "Null IMEI" does not work for them? Why it lets use for a few days?

2. Fido store representatives have ZERO knowledge of IMEI...! I went in Chinook Mall, Calgary the guy did not know what IMEI means...! Why they even try to sell me a new SIM card if it is NOT going to work?

3. I have Bill with amount I personally paid for this particular phone...will Fido able to help in having the phone in working condition against the IMEI blocking?

4. Anyway it was never a FIDO phone

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Dave04 wrote:

3. I have Bill with amount I personally paid for this particular phone...will Fido able to help in having the phone in working condition against the IMEI blocking?

4. Anyway it was never a FIDO phone

Hello Dave04,

Welcome to the forums!

Fido won't be able to assist since your phone is a) rooted; and b) a non-Fido phone.

Have you tried to repair the IMEI? There are numerous methods online for doing so. For example, here. I have not personally had to follow those instructions so I cannot vouch for whether it will work. If it does not work, your best option is to search other forums (or Google) for alternative solutions.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Frozen_
Fido Employee

It's possible when you rooted the phone it either deleted or corrupted the files responsible for storing your phone's IMEI information, this would mean that it might not work on any network. Unfortunately I don't know off the bat if it's possible to fix this IMEI issue.

Rooting the phone is done at the user's risk, and does most likely void any warranties.