I would like to use my fido mastercard dollars to pay my fido bill

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

I would like to use my fido mastercard dollars to pay my fido bill

I have tried the mastercard pay with rewards app on my fido phone and I have looked on the Rogers Bank website and the fido website, and there is no obvious way to pay my fido bill with my rewards dollars

Accepted Solution

Re: I would like to use my fido mastercard dollars to pay my fido bill

OK. After waiting for 30 min to talk to someone at Rogers Bank, they explained that in order to make a FIDO bill payment using the FIDO Mastercard rewards, you have to pay your FIDO bill with the FIDO Mastercard from the FIDO website and in 7-10 days, the payment will be credited back to your FIDO Mastercard account. I just tried this and I immediately received a confirmation email from FIDO that my rewards were used to pay my bill. From the Rogers Bank website link to my rewards, I see the reward points have been subtracted from my total. I will wait and see if I actually see the credit to my FIDO Mastercard account in 7-10 days. These instructions should be made clear on the FIDO website and the Pay With Rewards App.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted

As a follow-up, I checked my FIDO mastercard account after a few days and I see that my FIDO bill payment using the rewards was credited. I hope this helps others who have had the same issue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thank you so much for letting us know @racingwiththewi !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted

Thank you for the steps described!

It has been 5 months since this post and neither Rogers Bank or Fido or the Rewards program folks have done anything to clarify how you can actually pay your Fido monthly bill using cash back rewards...

Interesting enough, the Pay with rewards app says that you can pay with your rewards an "eligible" payment made in the past 30 days. Guess what, my Fido bill paid with the Rogers bank MC in the last 30 days is "NOT eligible according to the program rules".

More, I set the Pay with rewards to cover the next (automated) charge for my Fido monthly bill on my MC out of Rewards balance, guess what - it didn't, as it is "not an eligible purchase".

My only explanation is recurring / automated payment of an eligible expense is not considered as eligible... dumb explanation, but seems to be the case.

Anyhow, did what racingwiththewi wrote and it all worked out!

A call to Rogers/Fido, Rogers Bank, Reward folks - please either make your system "smart" or tell the truth in your "How to" 's.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13