I would like to order a new phone online and keep my existing plan

Sarah31
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am looking to order a Samsung Galaxy S7 online. I spoke with a representative earlier today and she said because I have been a customer for so long that I can keep my current plan and also upgrade to this phone with my plan that is considered a medium plan. I pay $50 per month. When I go to order a phone the minimum plan is $95 and there is no option to select otherwise. The promotion for the phone I want ends today at midnight and the phone line is now closed. I do not want to select commit to a $95 plan because I'm sure that once you do that it cannot be undone. Is there any way around this?

4 REPLIES 4
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

You should have the option to keep your current plan.  Make sure you are logged into My account using a computer or tablet (request desktop site) and select "UPGRADE DEVICE" within the my account menu. It should bring up a list of phones that you are eligable for upgrade.  Select S7 and the upgrade price should be equivalent to a Medium plan price.

Good luck and enjoy your new phone.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Sarah31 & welcome to the Community!

You should have the option to keep your own plan when upgrading. This isn't appearing?

Sarah31
I'm a Participant Level 2

No there was absolutely no option. It is too late now. The promotion is over. I called Fido and they will not honour the promotion. The representative was very nice and tried very hard and was able to get me down from the new price of $300 to $80 but I am still dissappointed as I did try to order the phone last night and I had no further options as the phone lines were closed.

Hey @Sarah31

Sorry to see that you couldn't get your hands on the promotion. We invite you to keep an eye on Fido.ca for upcoming promotions.