I want to link a different Spotify account to the Free Spotify Premium offer for Pulse Plans

I want to link a different Spotify account to the Free Spotify Premium offer for Pulse Plans

SOLVED
ninjascrawl
I'm a Participant Level 3

I want to link a different Spotify account to the Free Spotify Premium offer for Pulse Plans. I'm stuck at trying to unsubscribe to an existing premium account and have spent countless hours trying to do so. Basically I just want to start from scratch again and not get the "Hey music fan! Looks like you already have a subscription to Spotify Premium". I want to register a new Spotify account. Please help with this.

Accepted Solution

Re: I want to link a different Spotify account to the Free Spotify Premium offer for Pulse Plans

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @ninjascrawl & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Just to make sure that I understood correctly, you already have a free 2-year subscription with us and want to change the Spotify account that's linked to it?

If that's the case, it's unfortunately not possible to transfer the subscription to a different account.

Hope this answers your question!

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @ninjascrawl & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Just to make sure that I understood correctly, you already have a free 2-year subscription with us and want to change the Spotify account that's linked to it?

If that's the case, it's unfortunately not possible to transfer the subscription to a different account.

Hope this answers your question!

ninjascrawl

Hi Maria.

No, I am actually stuck at setting it up. It keeps saying I have Spotify Premium (which I subscribed to not through Fido which I can't cancel).  Basically I just want to go back to the initial step of logging in or signing up for a Spotify account. So that I can use a different email for signing up for a "fresh" Spotify account.

Thanks for clarifying @ninjascrawl!

Have you gone through the registration process on Fidohub.ca? You can also checkout our blog post on how to activate your Spotify Premium account.

Let me know!

ninjascrawl

Yes I have, but I can't go through with the sign up process.  Anyway, it's fine. I give up. Thanks anyway

Don't give up @ninjascrawl; I really want to help you resolve this! Sad

Do you currently have a premium account that isn't through Fido, and want to have your free subscription transferred to this account? If so, you'll first need to cancel your current Spotify Premium subscription from a computer. Once that's done, you'll be able to register that account with your Fido plan.

ninjascrawl

Do you currently have a premium account that isn't through Fido, and want to have your free subscription transferred to this account? - Yes, I mentioned this on my first message.

If so, you'll first need to cancel your current Spotify Premium subscription from a computer. - I also mentioned that I can't seem to do the cancellation. And yes, I've tried several times, and so I don't want to do that anymore. So like I said, I want to start over. Because now everytime I start with the enter code step, I guess Fido recognizes that I already have a Spotify Premium account (again, not through Fido) ~ and that's where I'm stuck. I just want to go back to having me choose to sign up for a Spotify account.

So really, something has to be done to my account, some sort of reset on the Fido/Spotify setting. This definitely won't be solved with exsiting FAQs and instructions ~ since I try everything else first before I even ask for help.

@ninjascrawl Thanks for the clarifications.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account.

Talk to you soon!

bnaef
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue. Have an existing spotify account and want to open a new one but can't as fidohub is forcing me to close my current account. I'd like the option of opening a new spotify account under a new username so that I can import my playlists from the account that will be cancelled.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @bnaef!

If you already have an activated Spotify Premium account, you will need to cancel the subscription first and then register again using Fidohub.ca. Hope this helps! Smiley

bnaef

that's not what the fido rep told me when i changed my plan to pulse. I was assured that i could import my playlists to my new spotify account.
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@bnaef You can keep the playlist but  you need to deactivated the subscription first if you're currently paying for it.  Once that's it's done, the system will recognize you're on the free version and upgrade to Spotify Premium. You will need to select the same username when you set that up on Fidohub.ca. Smiley

bnaef

Why once I click on 'Get Spotify App' and download Spotify does it never give me the option to connect with my Fido account? It only gives me the option to sign into Spotify or to create a new Spotify account. I've spent so many hours trying to get this to work. I've called Fido and read through the blogs. As soon as I get to a part where I might find what I think is an answer, I read that the rep PMed the individual. I've tried on desktop and over the phone. Not over wifi. I've cancelled my spotify premium account to try to get it to work to no avail. Would really appreciate some help at this point.

Hi there @bnaef

I hear what you're saying & we'll definitely take a closer look together to help speed things up for you Smiley

I'll send you a PM shortly! Thanks.