I got wrong monthly bill.

SOLVED
gongyongfeng
I'm a Participant Level 2

On 17th June, I closed my account xx by calling fido service. today i get bill, i need pay 40.77, normally, I need pay 40 dollars, but this period is only half month, why i still need pay full month fee ? Thanks for replying

Accepted Solution

Re: I got wrong monthly bill.

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Gongyongfeng,

Welcome to the community!

Depending on your billing cycle, if you closed your account after the bill was generated, the bill would not have reflected any changes to that affect. If you still have access to My Account, you can view the actual amount you are required to pay.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers 

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
dulceedge
I'm a Participant Level 1

According to my bill i call 866 (international call) for 5 hours. That's not correspond of any county . Then Fido charge me 588 CAD. That's insane. Check my phone I've not record of my phone history. There is not trace of it. 
Is it normal to be falsely charge to faithful customer?

Hi @dulceedge Smiley

Welcome to the Community! 

I'll send you a PM so we can look into it together. Some 1-866 numbers can be linked to premium services, I'll be able to give you more details about it. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Gongyongfeng,

Welcome to the community!

Depending on your billing cycle, if you closed your account after the bill was generated, the bill would not have reflected any changes to that affect. If you still have access to My Account, you can view the actual amount you are required to pay.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers 

gongyongfeng
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for replying. The billing cycle is showed as : (Monthly Charges Jun 04 - Jul 03) , on June 17 I closed my number, so i think i need pay half of the amount. Fido Pulse BYOP plan 35.00 This service includes: 1GB Data Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes Unlimited Circle Calling Minutes Call Display Voicemail Call Waiting Conference Call 911 Municipal Tax 0.46 Total monthly charges$35.46

Hi @gongyongfeng

Since you cancelled the line after your invoice came out, you were charged the full monthly costs. You'll receive a final bill with the adjusted charges. Smiley You'll see this on fido.ca once it's available.

If you haven't already done so, you'll need to register with your email address to have access to your details now that your account is cancelled. 

Hope that helps! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @gongyongfeng,

Welcome tot he community!

Did you get a chance to look at your bill to see what exactly the charges are?