I got the Worst Customer Service from FIDO

SOLVED
kalimdoor
I'm a Participant Level 2

HI all. 

Recently, I had to cancel my fido and get abroad.

so I called 611 and very satisfied at the result, the agent told me how much amount is going to be the next bill(approx $8 = 44.80 - 25(promotion discount from 'customer refferal incentive discount) - calcuation of dates I use until cancellation), and sent me a confirming email of cancellation. 

Cancellation request date: Apr 05, 2017
Service Disconnect Date: Apr 28, 2017

HOWEVER, I GOT A NEW BILL, and got chaged the full amount of $44.80.(covers April 4th~May 3th)

Of course I had phone calls with 611 twice, and they weren't even sure what they were saying, and repeated to say 'wait for the next bill.', and I tried to ask through FB Massenger, and they also saying 'wait for the next bill, even there should not be another bill...........I am disconnecting within this month.......

No One says me the right, and clear answer for 3days, and I'm still wating for my answer from FB for "3hours".

FIDO let me down so much, and it's still going on. 

***Edited to add labels*** 

Accepted Solution

Re: I got the Worst Customer Service from FIDO

Solved by Moderator

Hey @kalimdoor

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to see you feel this way about the service. It is definitely not the kind of thing we want for our customers!  

As for why you would be receiving another bill, it would be due to the fact we bill a month in advance. In this case it seems that we had already began generating your April bill on the 4th when you had contacted us to request the cancellation for the 28th. 

Considering we didn't know you were going to be cancelling the service, we ended up charging you the whole month. However, you can rest assured that we would never bill you for days that you don't have service. Your next invoice should read "Your Final Bill" and include the appropriate adjustments for the days without service. (28th of April to the 3rd of May from the information you've provided here). 

I hope this helps clear things up a little. Smiley 

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoPierre

Hey @kalimdoor

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to see you feel this way about the service. It is definitely not the kind of thing we want for our customers!  

As for why you would be receiving another bill, it would be due to the fact we bill a month in advance. In this case it seems that we had already began generating your April bill on the 4th when you had contacted us to request the cancellation for the 28th. 

Considering we didn't know you were going to be cancelling the service, we ended up charging you the whole month. However, you can rest assured that we would never bill you for days that you don't have service. Your next invoice should read "Your Final Bill" and include the appropriate adjustments for the days without service. (28th of April to the 3rd of May from the information you've provided here). 

I hope this helps clear things up a little. Smiley 

kalimdoor

I'm still not getting my new bill!

can please someone check my case !? 

I'm not in Canada now , so it makes me so stressful...

Hey @kalimdoor Smiley

To get assistance concerning anything related to your account, you have the option to reach us through our other channels here.

If you prefer that we send you a PM here on the Community, don't hesitate to let us know.

kalimdoor

Ohh yes, would you send me a PM for this case? 

Sure thing! PM coming your way @kalimdoor Wink