I don't get 10% on additional line as advertised and confirmed over the phone (2 times)

I don't get 10% on additional line as advertised and confirmed over the phone (2 times)

qvtt
I'm a Participant Level 3

I am a longtime Fido customer with 4 numbers, 3 on a monthly plan and 1 on a Prepaid plan.

I called last year (2014) to inquire if I switch my prepaid number to a regular will I get 10% off as additional line, the answer was "Yes". On Black Friday 2015 there was a 34$ BYOD promotion, I called again to ask to switch my Prepaid Number to this plan, and YES I was promised 10% off as addtional line. Sounds good ? Not really until I got my first bill, I DO NOT get 10% off. I called again, only to find out that it's not considered as an additional line since it was a Fido prepaid number switched to a monthly plan, and not a new activation !!! Where does it say this ???? Why did I get the answer = YES everytime I called ???

The person whom I talked to today (Jan 5, 2016) could not do anything to me but to offer a credit of 10% for 2 years. It is a matter of principle, I expect to get 10% off on my additional line, no more no less.

Okay, I took it but I felt being cheated. It makes me feel like I was promised this and that just to get on board, once on board the promised evaporated, it was "human error" !!!! Am I supposed to pay for Fido Representative's error ?

You go to the bank and inquire on a loan, you are promised x% discount, you signed, after you signed there was a human error on the bank's side, you no longer get x% discount. What would you feel ??

I want to make it clear, once I am done my 2 years with FIDO I am gone. Sorry.

1 REPLY 1
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey qvtt,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us about this. We definitely don't want to see you go!

I'll send you a provate message in a few minutes Smiley