I don't appreciate being lied to

I'm a Participant Level 1 RandV
I'm a Participant Level 1

I don't appreciate being lied to

So my 2-year contract plan is expiring this month, and I got a cold call from a Fido rep. No real problem with the guy on the phone, my girlfriend used to work as a QA coach for Telus so I know how this things.

Normally I like to take time to review things, but after discussing a few things and coming up with a new plan and phone I was told that this was a "one time offer" that must be accepted now on the phone or it was off the table. Sounded better than I had, lower monthly payment and better phone (which I did manage a quick google search for reviews), so I agreed.

But now that I have time to actually look at things my new package is the standard default that I could walk into a Fido store at anytime and get the same deal. Why are your reps using pressure sales tactics with renewing customers calling something a 'one time offer, take it now or it's off the table', when what they're offering is what's readily available to anyone in store?

Accepted Solution

Re: I don't appreciate being lied to

It's possible the plan itself was one widely available, but if you received any other type of credits/promotions towards this upgrade, this may have been what was "limited time". If you weren't offered any other type of incentives, definitely PM a Moderator to have them look into that.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

Re: I don't appreciate being lied to

It's possible the plan itself was one widely available, but if you received any other type of credits/promotions towards this upgrade, this may have been what was "limited time". If you weren't offered any other type of incentives, definitely PM a Moderator to have them look into that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2