I do not trust FIDO with my personal info anymore

cap81
I'm a Participant Level 3

So last week I had a very unpleasant experience with the online chat which resulted in the agent changing my personal pin and adding a security question without my permission. He essentially sabotaged my ability to access my account and speak to an agent. There is 100% no doubt that this was done maliciously because just before I closed the chat I told him that I was going to call in and virtually 1 minute later I received an email informing me that my pin had been changed. In order to change my pin back I was required to go into a fido store with my ID (4 hours later, after work). I filled out an online complaint form at www.fido.ca explaining what happened and how disappointed I was but I have yet to hear back (even though they claim a response in 1 business day and it is day 3) from anyone at fido. So I decided to call in today and speak with a supervisor just to follow up on the situation and although I was assured that the agent is being "spoken to" which is great, he should be, it just seems to me that there is a lack of empathy for what I had to go through that day. I honestly feel like my trust has been betrayed. I am very tempted to leave fido or even perhaps contact the ombudsman. This is NOT how you treat a customer.  Am I overreacting? Not reacting?

1 REPLY 1
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @cap81!

I'm really sad to learn of the experience you went through. This defintiely isn't the kind of experience we want for you or any of our customers. We'd really hate to see you go because of this! I'm sending you a PM so we can check things out in more detail!

Talk soon!