I cannot send out Text Messages

SOLVED
BonnieB
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am unable to send out texts. I kept getting the text failed message, however, I am able to receive messages. 

Please help. 

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot send out Text Messages

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Good news everyone! The issue with sending texts has been resolved & we’ve taken steps on duplicate messages. Thanks for your patience. Smiley

View solution in context
14 REPLIES 14
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Good news everyone! The issue with sending texts has been resolved & we’ve taken steps on duplicate messages. Thanks for your patience. Smiley

trader604

I'm having the same issue today!  Can't send, it says the text failed and the recipient may get 12 copies of the same message!  This isn't the first time this has happened, wish Fido would figure their systems out!

We're working on it @trader604. Thanks for your patience on this. Smiley 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Emmily94 & @Sarah1313

We'll let everyone know once it's been resolved. While we have no timeframe, we're working to get this fixed asap.

Doudinne
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have a LG G5 and cannot send Text Messages

Hi @Doudinne & welcome to the Community!

What happens exactly when you try to send a text message? Are you getting an error message? Are your other services working, and are you able to receive messages?

The more info you give us, the better we'll be able to help you out. Smiley

Doudinne

Nope.. I don't get an error message. My other services are working. I can receive messages. Actually, nothing happens. The only thing happening is me getting upset at my bf and kids for not answering me. Please fix this lolll

Lol, @Doudinne 

When was the last time you were able to send a text?

Can you try turning your phone off and on and see how it goes?

Try sending yourself a text message and let me know if it gets through.

Keep us posted!

mrgaryz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Yeah I am having the same problem.

Note 5 full bars and still failing text messages.

Hey @BonnieB, @DarianLinton, @mrgaryz,

We're now aware that some of our customers are experiencing an error message when sending a text but the recipient is receiving multiple texts. Don't worry! We're working on getting this corrected as fast as possible! Smiley

Sarah1313

I am having the same problem and it's beyond annoying and inconvenient. It says not delivered but the recipient still gets it and up to 6 times at that. When is Fido going to fix this problem?
FidoClaudia

Hey @BonnieB,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

I'll be happy to look into this with you! I just need a bit more info to better understand what's going on. Can you let me know:

- What phone model you're using?

- What happens when you send a text message, is there an error message?

- How many signal bars do you have at the time?

- Are any other services affected?

Let's start with this. Let me know and we'll take it from there Smiley

Emmily94

I am having this problem too and it is very aggravating as I own a business how can this be fixed?
DarianLinton

I guess it's something everyone is experiencing.  Fido is working on resolving it. My friends are receiving the message multiple times in a row even when the message says "failed". Praying this is resolved soon.