I cannot log into Fido.

I cannot log into Fido.

I cannot log into Fido.

BSYOO
I'm a Participant Level 1

I cannot log into Fido.

I cannot log into Fido since Black Friday. I can see this message when I try to log in.

Woah…

We hit a little snag there! Try again please.

I tried using Safari, chrome, firefox and internet exploere in 5-8 different devices: 2 desktops, imac, macbook pro, ipad, nvidia shield android tablet and iphone.

Now, I am posting this article using what I created new account on fido.ca, but I cannot connect the new account with my phone number. The main problem of this log in issue is I can not check my all status include details of payment, usage of data and what plan I am using now.   

I am really tired to wait to solve this problem. I complained and requested over 6 times to fido customer centre, but nothing changed and they said just wait. I am very dissapointed the terrible service of Fido so I am trying to stop to use this nightmare experience, but I am not sure it is possible because I cannot log in. (I don't have any contract. I am using my unlock phone.)

If someone has similar experience, please let me know how I can deal with this issue.

I am very sorry if I am too upset about small issue or my strong words bother you.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year.   

21 REPLIES 21
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey BSYOO!

Welcome to the Community!

We've been having some bugs since our last website update, we are working on resolving the connection problems. 

I'll send you a PM to look at your situation Smiley 

hanx
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi. I'm also stuck with the same problem. After I changed the plan on Black Friday, the nightmare began. I tried so many times calling fido, but no one could solve this problem. It is really a serious problem since I need to see my bill, and I have to activate a new sim card for my new phone. Could you please help me check my situation? Is there anything I can do to help? Thank you.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi hanx!

Are you using your phone number to log in, or your e-mail address? If you're using your phone number, can you try registering for a new account using your e-mail address? Also, have you tried different browsers and cleared the cache/cookies?

Let me know. Smiley

hanx

Are you using your phone number to log in, or your e-mail address? If you're using your phone number, can you try registering for a new account using your e-mail address? Also, have you tried different browsers and cleared the cache/cookies?

Hi Maria,

I tried to log in using my phone number but failed. Clicking "Forgot my password" didn't work, it said "we don't recognize that username".

And I registered an account with my email, and tried to link it with my account number, didn't work either. It said "Sorry, the information you’ve entered is not in our records." 

I tried browsers on mac and my cellphone, same problem. Just now I cleared all caches and cookies, still the same:catsad:

Thank you.

Hey hanx, 

Can you try loging in using the email address and password you set up, on a firefox browser?

Let me know if this helps!

hanx

@FidoChristina wrote:

Hey hanx, 

Can you try loging in using the email address and password you set up, on a firefox browser?

Let me know if this helps!

Just downloaded a firefox on mac and android, the situation doesn't change. I can log in with email address, but I cannot connect my account.

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Let's me have a look at your account @hanx, I'm sending you a PM.

pvittal3

Hello,

I as well have not been able to access my account for a couple of weeks. I have my bill due tomorrow and I cannot access via the mobile app, mobile browser (chrome) or Chrome through my Mac.

Please let me know ASAP how I can use my account to pay my bill!

Hey pvittal3!

Welcome to the Community!

What happens when you try to log in to My Account? What's the error message that you're getting?

Let us know!

Keep in mind that there are many other ways to pay your bill. You can check them out in our blog post here.

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

Can't login with FireFox on my Imac. It just goes in an endless loop. I did manage to login using Safari though. Something is surely amiss.

MABC

Totally unacceptable for a communication company to have launched with this sort incompatibility. I also cannot access with chrome or firefox.

There are good reasons people use ad-blockers and block popups.

This thread has been ongoing several months and things still aren't sorted - how much longer before people simply go elsewhere for their mobility services.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @MABC!

Thank you for your feedback; we're still working on it.

What happens when you try to access your account through Chrome or Firefox?

MABC

My delayed reply is a direct result of poor accessibility on your system - again this is completely unacceptable!

In chrome of firefox (mac) I get no option to login - STILL!! after how many months since the website update. 

I see a page with a garage band but no popup or feilds to enter login details.

disabling popup blocker doesn't fix it.

disabling adblocker doesn't fix it.

How much longer are you going to be "working on it"?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@MABC have you tried deleting the cookies and cache? If you did, let us know so we can send you a PM and help you out. Smiley

hamoodi
I'm a Participant Level 3

I get this message.
WOAH…

We hit a little snag there! Try again please.

Is site under maintenance?

***Edited to add labels***

Hey hamoodi, 

Welcome to the community!

The site isn't under maintenance but we are experiencing some issues that might prevent you from loging in at the moment. There are a few things you can try to fix this:

1- Clear your cache and cookies and try again

2- Try using a different broswer and avoid Safari

Let me know if this helps! For future reference, we also offer assistance through Facebook and Twitter Very_Happy

pvittal3

Hello,

I have been unable to access my account or even a way to login. When I try to press "Login" at the top, nothing happens, and when I google search My Account and finally get to login to my account, when type everything in and press login, the site redirects me to https://www.fido.ca/pages/ which is literally nothing.

I cannot access my account at all to pay my bill, so I do not know what to do.

Thanks.

Hey @pvittal3 

Can you please try the following:

-Allow Pop ups

-Turn off ad blockers

-Clear the cache and delete the cookies?

You should be able to log in afterwards. Let us know Smiley

essellar
I'm a Participant Level 1

There's also the little problem of ABSOLUTELY REQUIRING third-party JavaScript for  the new SSO. Frankly, I block it for a reason, and there is no excuse at all for making users manage exceptions to stuff they may not understand (and which may be harmful to their privacy) in order to pay a bill. The new site customer area is a complete bust - you have to go fishing and hoping to find any of the information that was available at a glance on the old profile page, it's impossible to figure out how to manage settings, etc.

j_s
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Had this problem. Could not access site. Used my cell phone to change my password, then went on computer and entered new password. It worked. Kind of buggy at first.