I can't hear my phone when I call someone. No dialing sound or voice. (Android)

SOLVED
Amanda666666
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello. 

This is a serious problem and it urgently needs to be sovlved for my safety. 

So here's the story. I have hearing loss and i cannot hear my phone when i am calling someone unless it's on speaker phone (and then everyone can hear it). But now when i call someone and i have it on speakerphone i can't hear anything. I cant hear it dialing the person and if the person had answered it, i cannot hear them speaking and so i hang up. 

This is a very dangerous thing because i am a single student who lives alone most of the time (my roomate disapears to stay with friends a lot) I live in a basement down steep stairs. We do not have access to a landline at all so if i have an emergency and my roomate and Landlords are not there, i am screwed. I also walk for 30 minutes to and from my school and I walk with a cane, once again, if i fall on the ice (Very commonly too) and sprain or break something... I am screwed. 

I also take a cab a lot and i will not be able to call them. 

I need this fixed ASAP. 

Please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't hear my phone when I call someone. No dialing sound or voice. (Android)

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMatt

HI Amanda, 

Is your phone still under warranty? If so, you could take it to a fido store where they offer the repair services and get a loaner phone while your device in is for repairs. 

You can find more details about this here. 

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/phone_loan?lang=en

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMatt
Former Moderator

HI Amanda, 

Is your phone still under warranty? If so, you could take it to a fido store where they offer the repair services and get a loaner phone while your device in is for repairs. 

You can find more details about this here. 

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/phone_loan?lang=en

MaxineKL
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I also found the mute button to be a problem.  My phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini) is extremely "touchy" - so even a hair  brushing the screen can change settings.

Hey MaxineKL and welcome to the Community.

Did you try to change the sensitivity settings on your Samsung phone?