I can't find where to activate a new sim card

SOLVED
ttashab
I'm a Participant Level 1

My phone was stolen, so I purchased a new phone locked to fido and a new sim card. I have read all of the steps on how to update a sim card number online, but I can't seem to find the "update sim card" tab in services. Where do i go to update my sim card number?

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't find where to activate a new sim card

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @ttashab

Welcome to the Community Very_Happy

Thanks for reaching out about this. If for some reason you are not the account holder or your account isn't registered as an account holder you only have limited options on fido.ca which could explain why it doesn't work. 

You have to create a new account by clicking on My Account , then Register Now! Set up the new account with your email address and then you'll be able to make the changes yourself  ( if you are the account holder ) . 

I'll send you a PM to help out Smiley 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @ttashab

Welcome to the Community Very_Happy

Thanks for reaching out about this. If for some reason you are not the account holder or your account isn't registered as an account holder you only have limited options on fido.ca which could explain why it doesn't work. 

You have to create a new account by clicking on My Account , then Register Now! Set up the new account with your email address and then you'll be able to make the changes yourself  ( if you are the account holder ) . 

I'll send you a PM to help out Smiley