I M VERY UNHAPPY WITH FIDO

I'm a Participant Level 1 wrenfredjones
I'm a Participant Level 1

I M VERY UNHAPPY WITH FIDO

I JUST JION FIDO PLAN ABOUT ONE MONTH AGO AND NOW THEY HAVE CUT MY SERIVICE OFF JUST LIKE THAT

I M NEVER GOING TO DEAL WITH FIDO AGAIN THEY HAVE LOST MY BUSINESS AND EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW PERSONAL AND NON PERSONAL  I WILL TELL THEM THAT FIDO IS A VERY BAD COMPANY  FOR PEOPLE WHO TRUST THEM AND THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING . THEY DONT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER AT ALL, I WAS TOLD WHAT I DID WRONG AND THEY WHERE RIGHT AND IM NOW  WITHOUT SERIVCE  BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE POWER TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT NOW MY LIFE LINE IS NOW CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD   THANKS FIDO FOR PUTTING ME ON THE DO NOT CALL LIST BECUASE YOU HAVE THE POWER TO TURN MY LIFE UPSIDE DOWN  NEVER TO TALK TO MY PEO[PLE AGAIN UNLESS I DO WHAT THEY SAY.

Accepted Solution

Re: I M VERY UNHAPPY WITH FIDO

@sera wrote:

to the employee of FIDO what's the point of giving a due date????still UNREASONABLE...you violated my RIGHTS as a customer.

Dear sera and wrenfredjones, as well as all those subject to the same problem,

The answer to how and why this happens is directly related to your credit score within the company and as a new client the info Fido is given when they do your credit check.

Fido suspends your account for 2 reasons:

1. You are more than 2 months behind on your payments or,

2. You have a credit limit on your account (CLM)

A CLM is calculated by what you currently owe + what you will owe + any overusage

Example: you have a plan that is 65$ monthly + tax which has everything except international calling is not included.  This month you have family emergency and have to make serveral international calls which totals to 50$ of unbilled charges.  You have yet not made a payment of your current invoice.

Therefore you currently owe Fido: 65$+tax = 73.45$(Ontario tax) due now PLUS 73.45$ (plan) + 56.50$(usage incl tax) for next invoice

If you have a CLM of 200$, do the math, you will be suspended because of your extra usage.

Now this may not make sense since it is not billed yet how can it affect you???  Well due to Credit results Fido, unfortunately, cannot risk giving you an unlimited credit (no CLM).  Now if you believe you have better credit then what FIDO has given you then simply reach out and an indepth credit evaluation can be done(sent to credit bureau affects your credit score 24hrs delay) and your Fido credit can be revised.

The absolute best solution: make a payment that will put you under your CLM and your services are restored immidiately afterwards.

And as for violationg your rights as a customer, I understand the repercussions this can have especially if an emergency happens and you can not be reached or unable to reach out for help.  However, I do invite you to revise the terms and conditions specifically under Charges: Account and Payment Information and furthermore Credit Requirements to which you accepted being that you are a current customer, and signed for if on an agreement.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

Hi there!

I am really sorry to see that you have had such a bad experience with Fido. I am sure that you have already called customer service to inquire as to why they cut your services off? Did they explain to you why your service was cut and what you could do to get it back?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 12
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Relax take a deep breath, and calmly spell out what seems to be the trouble that you are experiencing? Noone can help if you dont specify your problem as opposed to slandering a good company !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 12
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Sounds to me like you probably had a spending cap on your account that you reached and that your line was suspended because of it. I may have misunderstood what you have written, but how can you blame them for being a bad company if you agree with them as to what you did wrong? (wrenfredjones: " I WAS TOLD WHAT I DID WRONG AND THEY WHERE RIGHT")

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 12
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

they definetly placed a CLA on your account to prevent you from going over your services each month and that cla allows you to be within buget for yourself to pay off your fido bill in accordance. Consider fido helping you out for once, considering if you do not pay your bills on time it effects your score in a negative way. 

I've been where you were. 

1. you need to identify for sure as to why they suspended your account

2. fido a middle ground. you said (from what i read ) that you've been with fido for a month so that tells me that they might of put a CLA (Credit Limit Amount ) on your account because you dont have other services in your name (for credit) so to be on the safe side they need to place that on your account to allow you to pay your bills.

3. if you're past due they will straight up cut your phone off.

in this case, you need to be vocal about your concerns because this is your account and your credit being effected, at the end of the day fido will always get their money. Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 12
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

Hello

From what you are saying I would agree with the other it seems you are under a CLM ( Credit Limit Monitor )

OR

Also since it seems the account is brand new it can also be Fraud Management blocking your account to make sure this is not a account that has been opened in fraud. They will usually ask you to fax in 2 pieces of ID.

Hope this helps !

Either way best way to get this resolved is call customer service please post back im interested to see what it finally was.

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 warner
I'm a Participant Level 3

This time there was no mistake on Fidos part, the blame falls squarely on you.  Despite the bill, phone calls, and at least 1 text message, you neglected to pay your bill.  Thats what happens when you don't pay for the services provided to you as per your contract terms and Fido terms of service on page 2 of every bill.  Next time pay attention to the amount and DUE DATE on your bill. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 3 sera

Me too they cut my service 5 days before my due date and paid my bills before my due date....can't wait to end my contract with them...SO UNHAPPY AND ANGRY

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 12

FIDO ...SUCKS!!! disconnected my service this weekend 5 days before my due date and phoned the customer service last weekend but no available staff  and the representative that I spoked with this morning   claimed that it was not disconnected....LIAR...I needed to phone my nurse last saturday because my baby was sick , luckily nothing serious happened to my baby...UNRELIABLE COMPANY.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 12
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

To get your services disconected for non payment, the bill has to be at the very least 1 month late and close to 2 months late. You got the SMS warning that the line may get disconected and the call from credit operations too. All you had to do is call fido and let them know when will you pay.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 12

to the employee of FIDO what's the point of giving a due date????still UNREASONABLE...you violated my RIGHTS as a customer.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 12
Fido Employee Kayla_Fido
Fido Employee
Solution

@sera wrote:

Dear sera and wrenfredjones, as well as all those subject to the same problem,

The answer to how and why this happens is directly related to your credit score within the company and as a new client the info Fido is given when they do your credit check.

Fido suspends your account for 2 reasons:

1. You are more than 2 months behind on your payments or,

2. You have a credit limit on your account (CLM)

A CLM is calculated by what you currently owe + what you will owe + any overusage

Example: you have a plan that is 65$ monthly + tax which has everything except international calling is not included.  This month you have family emergency and have to make serveral international calls which totals to 50$ of unbilled charges.  You have yet not made a payment of your current invoice.

Therefore you currently owe Fido: 65$+tax = 73.45$(Ontario tax) due now PLUS 73.45$ (plan) + 56.50$(usage incl tax) for next invoice

If you have a CLM of 200$, do the math, you will be suspended because of your extra usage.

Now this may not make sense since it is not billed yet how can it affect you???  Well due to Credit results Fido, unfortunately, cannot risk giving you an unlimited credit (no CLM).  Now if you believe you have better credit then what FIDO has given you then simply reach out and an indepth credit evaluation can be done(sent to credit bureau affects your credit score 24hrs delay) and your Fido credit can be revised.

The absolute best solution: make a payment that will put you under your CLM and your services are restored immidiately afterwards.

And as for violationg your rights as a customer, I understand the repercussions this can have especially if an emergency happens and you can not be reached or unable to reach out for help.  However, I do invite you to revise the terms and conditions specifically under Charges: Account and Payment Information and furthermore Credit Requirements to which you accepted being that you are a current customer, and signed for if on an agreement.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 12