Huge overcharging and personal and banking data unsafety - no solution

ArnauLaura
I'm a Participant Level 1

I realized last week that Fido has been overcharging our account (2 lines) for the last two months. Since we had the option of direct debit from our bank, one of them has already been paid; specifically, more than 800$ when we are supposed to pay around 80$ a month. That's a TEN TIMES OVERCHARGE. For the current invoice, the amount is also wrong as we are being billed for a 20GB plan instead of the 'bring your own phone' plan that we have.  In addition to this, when I tried to change my payment method in my Fido account to deactivate the automatic debit, I kept receiving error messages, until, when apparently I could switch it, a message appeared stating that the change was done and that it had been sent a confirmation message about the new PAYMENT METHOD TO SOMEONE ELSE's EMAIL.  The situation is really serious, not only are we heavily overcharged, but we don't feel anymore our personal and banking data are safe.

Since then, even if we're in the middle of a trip with little phone and Internet access, we had to call already five or six times to customer service, with no one being able to fix the problem (immediate refund and confirm our personal and banking data are safe) or even explain us what has happened.

So far, we have first received a text message stating we have been overcharged 99$ (wrong amount), and now in my Fido account my credit appears to be -400$ (wrong amount again, plus we expect an immediate refund, not credit for future invoices!!). How is it possible a supposedly serious company like Fido is not able to fix in more than one week such a grave mistake, letting its customers being the ones doing the follow up?

We are really disappointed and considering to change our mobile phone provider once we get back home.

1 REPLY 1
FidoClaudia

Hey @ArnauLaura,

Welcome to the Community!

Real sad to read about your experience, definitely not what we want for you! I really understand your concern with the situation and rest assured that we're here to help! I would love the chance to take a second look at the account with you and sort things out! 

I'm sending you a PM right away.

For future reference, you can also contact us here for any account related questions.

Talk to you soon!