Huge Disappointment in Fido

MaxJM
I'm a Participant Level 1

Dear Fido community,

I have been a loyal customer to Fido since I arrived in Canada in 2012. I have been accepting a lot from them, knowing that I come from a country where I would pay 10% of the price I am paying right now for the same kind of service. But now this takes the crown... 
I have been paying between 600 and 800 dollars a year, without a complaint, accepting some pretty bad over-charges. I did not say anything, as it was stipulated in the contract, even though some fees were excessively high. And today, I have learnt that the company I have been staying loyal to for so long is not even willing to give me a discount of FIVE dollars a month, that THEY offered me, to finally not grant it to me. This raises the question, do they want me to go to another provider ? Because that is what I will end up doing if they keep on racketeering their customers like that.  

I hope that this message will raise some awareness. 

Plus, what kind of website is that, that I need 5-10 minutes just to reach my profile page? Are they still using servers from the 1990s?

Anyway, I'm disappointed. 

3 REPLIES 3
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

@MaxJM wrote:

Dear Fido community,

I have been a loyal customer to Fido since I arrived in Canada in 2012. I have been accepting a lot from them, knowing that I come from a country where I would pay 10% of the price I am paying right now for the same kind of service. But now this takes the crown... 
I have been paying between 600 and 800 dollars a year, without a complaint, accepting some pretty bad over-charges. I did not say anything, as it was stipulated in the contract, even though some fees were excessively high. And today, I have learnt that the company I have been staying loyal to for so long is not even willing to give me a discount of FIVE dollars a month, that THEY offered me, to finally not grant it to me. This raises the question, do they want me to go to another provider ? Because that is what I will end up doing if they keep on racketeering their customers like that.  

Plus, what kind of website is that, that I need 5-10 minutes just to reach my profile page? Are they still using servers from the 1990s?

Your comments are thoughtful; however, it does nothing more than harm yourself than raise awareness. 

• You have been with Fido since 2012.  That's only 5 years. We have people who have been with Fido since the company was born.
  • You come from a country with celluar costs that's 10% of what you are paying now.  Unfortunely that's the cost of business and service in Canada. I am sure you pay similar amount if you join another service provider. Furthermore, paying $600 - $800 per year is considered cheap compared to current prices as well as prices in 2012. Of course if you don't have data then it's a different story. 
  • Complain about not able to get $5.00 off / month. I have been with my bank since 1990s and I was not able to get them to wavier $60.00 off / year for my loan payments.  Is that an issue? I don't think so.
  • Website taking 5 - 10 minutes to get to your profile page? Your internet connection is slow. It takes me < 30 seconds to log into my account profile page.

Do you see what I mean by harming yourself instead of raise awareness? 

@EFTC wrote:

@MaxJM wrote:

Dear Fido community,

Your comments are thoughtful; however, it does nothing more than harm yourself than raise awareness. 

• You have been with Fido since 2012.  That's only 5 years. We have people who have been with Fido since the company was born.
  • You come from a country with celluar costs that's 10% of what you are paying now.  Unfortunely that's the cost of business and service in Canada. I am sure you pay similar amount if you join another service provider. Furthermore, paying $600 - $800 per year is considered cheap compared to current prices as well as prices in 2012. Of course if you don't have data then it's a different story. 
  • Complain about not able to get $5.00 off / month. I have been with my bank since 1990s and I was not able to get them to wavier $60.00 off / year for my loan payments.  Is that an issue? I don't think so.
  • Website taking 5 - 10 minutes to get to your profile page? Your internet connection is slow. It takes me < 30 seconds to log into my account profile page.

Do you see what I mean by harming yourself instead of raise awareness? 

@EFTC the length of time someone has been with Fido is not first priority whether it's 5 days, 5 years or since the birth of Fido I would want to believe Fido values every customer equally. As blunt as it may seem at the end of the day Fido just like any other business main objective is for the customer to may their monthly invoice on time in order to stay profitable.

It is a well know fact that Canada cell phone rates is among the highest in the world and that's because of the lack of competition so we Canadians get gouged by our providers. It is unfortunate that you think the cost of doing business in Canada is the reason why we are paying higher cellular fees.

Comparing asking your bank to waive $60 a year off your loan payments is ridiculous simply because @MaxJM did not ask for the $5 discount it was offered.
As @FidoTerry stated Fido promotions changes often just like any other company, maybe the agent promised a credit that could not be applied to the account because that person already has a promotion on the line and the credit could not be stacked but the agent did not know that at the time of the call so the call ended with the customer believing he will be getting a credit. I could relate to that because it just happened to me back in December I was promised a $5 credit and 2gb data only to find out later I did not get the $5 credit because it could not be applied because the $5 credit and 2gb goes hand in hand and the system will only take one.

Fido’s website is not the best and many have complained about it not loading properly or getting a lot of errors. I can attest to that many times I try to login and get errors or it takes long to load, now 5-10 minutes might be an exaggeration on @MaxJM part but I do understand where he/she is coming from.

So please excuse my ignorance for not seeing how @MaxJM post is doing harm instead of raising awareness.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @MaxJM! Smiley

Thank you for being such a long time customer and sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving us.

To clarify your first statement in regards or pricing. Pricing can vary due to certain aspects such as region, demographics, etc.  I'm sure you will find that some items here in Canada are less expensive than another country. 

As for the credit on your account, if you had a promotion that expired, we can no longer reapply if the option no longer exists. Our promotions changes quite often and there's certain criteria to be eligible for them. If you wish to discuss further about personal account, you can reach customer service here.

As for the website issue, does this happen on every browser you use?