Huawei HiSuite Software

Huawei HiSuite Software

Huawei HiSuite Software

GatineauRoss1
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Huawei HiSuite Software

Has anyone else experienced difficulties in connecting their device, e.g, Nova Plus with Huawei's software HiSuite?

Problems like:

1) not being able to connect your device to your PC;

2) and if you can find a PC that will connect to your device then not being able to backup your device.

It appears that Huawei has landed into the Canadian market place without having all their ducks lined up in a row.

And their customer support is awful.  They are only capable of offering support to their US devices and not the Canadian or International devices as they call them.

17 REPLIES 17
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@GatineauRoss1 When you plug your phone into the PC you have to change the usb connection type on the phone to file transfer or data  transfer. 

Plug the phone into the pc and you should see a usb connection type in the notification bar tap on that and you should be able to change it there. 

GatineauRoss1

Hi Kapable,

Thank you for your comment.  Do you own a Huawei device, Nova Plus?

Ross

@GatineauRoss1 I have a Huawei Nexus 6P.

GatineauRoss1

Does the Nexus P use HiSuite?

@GatineauRoss1 the HiSuite Software should work for all Huawei phones I personally do not use it.

GatineauRoss1

I'm sorry your suggestions do not work.  If you really want to problem solve this issue download the software and try uisng it.

I have tried repeatedly since getting my device last November to use my PC to connect witrh the HiSuite Software.  Can't do it. 

However, I have been able to connect to HiSuite using my wife's PC, but cannot back up my device.

I've contacted their customer telephone support and they simply say the Nova Plus is an international device and they have no info on it.  Case closed.

I've been in direct contact with the Huawei Service Engineers on  a number of occasions to no avail.

@GatineauRoss1 were you able to install the HiSuite app on your phone? Try enabling USB debugging on your phone.

On your phone activate "Developer mode" by pressing 10-times on "Build Number" located at Phone Settings > About.

Once developer option is enable it will be in settings open it and make sure Android debugging in enabled.

Completely remove the HiSuite from your PC then reinstall the latest version then try again.

GatineauRoss1

I have done all this.

You see it is very strange how I can connect from my wife's PC albeit cannot back up my device but at least I connect to HiSuite with her PC. But on PC it will not connect.

@GatineauRoss1 I believe you might be having drivers issue try this suggestion here post #3

GatineauRoss1

Are you suggesting this is the solution for both PCs?

The one that will not connect to HiSuite, and the other that will connect but not backup my device.

We won't know if its a solution if you don't try it.

GatineauRoss1

Why hasn't the Huawei Service Engineer team in Canada thought of this?

Or why haven't the USA Huawei telephone technical support staff thjought opf this?

Or why hasn't  the Huawei Canadia email support thought of this solution?

Something is really wrong with the Huawei technical support.

@GatineauRoss1 Did you try it?

GatineauRoss1

Where do I get the ABD driver from?  There was no information on that in your message.

How do I replace my current ABD driver?

@GatineauRoss1 Read and follow post number 3 only if you want to try it, you don't need ADB drivers.

GatineauRoss1

No.

I won't try it on my own.

This is a problem for Huawei to fix. 

Not my issue.

OK no problem, all the best.