Htc one m8 order

Htc one m8 order

Htc one m8 order

SOLVED
bithi
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Htc one m8 order

i just ordered htc one m8 today but it is in back order. Did anyone else experience that?

Accepted Solution

Re: Htc one m8 order

Solved by I'm Experienced Level 2

The One M8 is indeed a phone from a few months old and was originally intended to be available exclusively to existing customers renewing their contract, but demande is much higher than expected. All order will be fulfilled, but it MAY take a bit longer than 7 days. It's possible the phone is still received within the 7 days promised because stocks are received at the warehouse almost daily, but there's just no guarantee on that.

Most stores should have it in stock if you don't want to wait for delivery, though. You can chat with an agent or call in and they can validate which corporate Fido stores has it in stock.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Automagic
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Did they tell you what the wait time is?

Pretty lame there's a back order for a phone that's 8 months old (albeit 'new' for fido).
bithi

Normally, it takes 7 days but it will take more than 7 days since it is back order
Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

Maybe it's just me but don't you think Fido could have anticipated the demand for the One M8 and had enough in stock? I tried to get one myself and found none in stock anywhere. I called Fido thinking they'd ship me one only to hear they have none either. For me anyway this is an impulse purchase. I've got a mint M7 I don't NEED the M8 I WANT the M8 but I'm sure as heck not  preordering a 6 month old phone and waiting around for it. Fido even offered to pay off my ECF but unless they can ship me one in a day or two then it's a big no thanks from me.

YMMV

Mike

bithi

I don't know when I would get mine. That's not right

Automagic
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hopefully you get it before Christmas and the post office closes for the holidays. Otherwise it might not arrive until the new year, when HTC launches the M9!

My contract ends today, and was thinking about the M8 too. But now I'm turned off by the wait time.
TheOrangeGuy
I'm Experienced Level 2

The One M8 is indeed a phone from a few months old and was originally intended to be available exclusively to existing customers renewing their contract, but demande is much higher than expected. All order will be fulfilled, but it MAY take a bit longer than 7 days. It's possible the phone is still received within the 7 days promised because stocks are received at the warehouse almost daily, but there's just no guarantee on that.

Most stores should have it in stock if you don't want to wait for delivery, though. You can chat with an agent or call in and they can validate which corporate Fido stores has it in stock.

bithi

I hope you are right @theorangeguy