How to use 1000 INTERNATIONAL LD MINUTES

SOLVED
vicyan
I'm a Participant Level 1

I just found out that I have 1000 internation minutes. I want to know if I have to dial some number before the number I want to call to use these minutes or I can just dial the destination number directly? 

Accepted Solution

Re: How to use 1000 INTERNATIONAL LD MINUTES

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Vicyan,

Welcome to the community!

If your plan includes the 1000 International minutes, there is nothing special that needs to be done. You can just dial the destination number as normal, using the international dialling format.

That is, 011 (from Canada or US) followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

Alternatively, you can use + followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

You should note that the included minutes only apply to certain select countries (see here).

You should also note, the 1000 international minutes are only for the long-distance (LD) portion of a call to one of those countries. Long-distance calls are billed by the minute and airtime charges apply (see Full details here). So a call to one of those countries counts against both your international minutes (LD) and minutes (airtime). If you use up all of your Anytime minutes (assuming you don't have unlimited minutes), you will be charged for additional airtime.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoFaiza

Hi @vicyan,

I just want to add to @Cawtau very detailed answer that 1000 international long distance minutes are to the following countries only:

- Australia

- Bangladesh

- China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan)

- Germany

- India

- Italy

- Mexico

- UK

I hope this helps.

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Vicyan,

Welcome to the community!

If your plan includes the 1000 International minutes, there is nothing special that needs to be done. You can just dial the destination number as normal, using the international dialling format.

That is, 011 (from Canada or US) followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

Alternatively, you can use + followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

You should note that the included minutes only apply to certain select countries (see here).

You should also note, the 1000 international minutes are only for the long-distance (LD) portion of a call to one of those countries. Long-distance calls are billed by the minute and airtime charges apply (see Full details here). So a call to one of those countries counts against both your international minutes (LD) and minutes (airtime). If you use up all of your Anytime minutes (assuming you don't have unlimited minutes), you will be charged for additional airtime.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers