cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade phone

SilverDragon
I'm a Participant Level 2

so right now i have a lg gossip and can upgrade on dec 27 and my main question is do i have to pay for the phone i want. I want an iphone 4s and i wonder if i have to pay full price for it or have to go to an xpensive plan like 40-50 dollars a month + so can i just continue my contract and get the 4s or do i need an xpensive plan ? please help 

3 REPLIES 3

Grandizer
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3
If you are eligible for HUP, then you xan get the 4s. However, you need to sign on a 3-year agreement that is a MAX plan to get the phone subsidized. You CANNOT get a Smart plan. However, if you have an older voice+data (unadvertised) plan that is $50+, you are eligible for the subsidy.

SilverDragon

i have the lg gossip and have a pretty basic plan. i know i have to re sign a contract but is there any way i can get an iphone 5 or s3 for not full price even 100 dollars less will be really helpfull i need a smartphone that will keep up with the rest for atleast 2-3 years so i dont really want an entry level i want something expensive and overpowerd

Hey SilverDragon!

You may certainly get a smartphone with a 2 or 3 year contract and have an agreement rebate on the price of the phone. Please note that if you go with a 2 year term, you'll have to get a Smart plan while if you go on a 3 year term, you will need a Max plan. Here are links to the plans:

Http://www.fido.ca/SmartPlans
Http://www.fido.ca/MaxPlans

I hope this clarifies. Smiley