How to unlock iphone 4s which was brought from kijji

SOLVED
narenderrayudu
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hii,

I brought Iphone 4s from kijji & it was locked to fido.Is it possible to unlock the iphone 4s? & I hered about the 50$ unlock plan of fido.Will this plan works for my case also?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to unlock iphone 4s which was brought from kijji

Solved by Fido Employee FidoCristina

Hey everyone!

Although this post is a bit old, I just wanted to add a little update Smiley

Currently the only 2 conditions to unlock a phone bought from another source but Fido are:

1. imei must not be on the blacklist

2.imei needs to show in the account for at least 90 days.

Do not forget about the 50$ fee...

Hope it helps!

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@narenderrayudu wrote:

Hii,

I brought Iphone 4s from kijji & it was locked to fido.Is it possible to unlock the iphone 4s? & I hered about the 50$ unlock plan of fido.Will this plan works for my case also?

You could try the Gevey SIM to see if that will unlock your 4S. Fido will not unlock it unless you meet their criteria, which I assume you do not. The main requirement you will fail is that the phone must be free of all obligations. That means, that if the original buyer bought it on contract (which they likely did since it is locked) and if that contract has not expired or been paid off (which it probably hasn't since it is less than a year old) then when Fido traces the IMEI it will shows as still having a commitment remaining on it. You could ask the original buyer if he/she is willing to pay their ECF on their account. If they do, then youcan pay another $50 and have it unlocked. Their ECF will likely be around $500, so you will probably have to pay them that as well.

Hey everyone!

Although this post is a bit old, I just wanted to add a little update Smiley

Currently the only 2 conditions to unlock a phone bought from another source but Fido are:

1. imei must not be on the blacklist

2.imei needs to show in the account for at least 90 days.

Do not forget about the 50$ fee...

Hope it helps!

Cheers