How to sync Samsung Galaxy Q with PC?

I'm a Contributor Level 1

How to sync Samsung Galaxy Q with PC?

Hi I'm looking for a way to sync my Samsung Galaxy Q with my PC (2 options: a. Win Vista SP1, b. Win7 SP1).  on the Samsung website, the support option provided a tool called "Kies version 2.1.1.11124_17".  I download, installed, and launched this tool after connecting my Galaxy Q to the Vista PC.  But after starting this tool, it promptly reported:

"This device is not supported by Kies 2.0.  Make sure that your device is supported and try again"

Can anyone help with this?

regards,

gmg74

Accepted Solution

Re: How to sync Samsung Galaxy Q with PC?

Since running into this original issue, I found that Samsung posted a new version of their Kies application on their website.  After installing the new version of the Kies application, and after enabling USB debugging on the Galaxy Q, I was finally able to connect the Galaxy Q to my PC for synchronization.

Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/smartphones/SGH-T589HARRWC/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support#

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Solution

Since running into this original issue, I found that Samsung posted a new version of their Kies application on their website.  After installing the new version of the Kies application, and after enabling USB debugging on the Galaxy Q, I was finally able to connect the Galaxy Q to my PC for synchronization.

Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/smartphones/SGH-T589HARRWC/index.idx?pagetyp...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey gmg74!

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve this matter!

Thanks for posting the solution!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3