How to pro-rate my bill after cancellation?

SOLVED
tt21
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, I have just requested to cancel my Fido 6GB - BYOP plan on 24th December. The reason for cancellation is that I am leaving Canada permanently. My current billing cycle is at the end of every month. Therefore, I currently have an invoice for my December bill of 56.87 (inclusive of taxes). Based on my understanding with the Fido representative that cancelled my plan, I will receive another final bill on 31/12/2017. She suggested that I ignore my current bill (that is due on 27th Decemer) and only pay when I receive the final bill. I have some problems with this suggestion, as mentioned, I will be out of the country. While I understand that I can use a credit/debit card and pay via the Fido app, being out of the country would mean that I will incur more transaction fees. Furthermore, I have additional CAD cash on hand and would like to use that cash to pay for my December bill at a Fido store instead. Additionally, there might be additional charges for late payment and being out of the country makes it difficult to dispute any charges.

I would like to ask if there is a way for my bill to be reflect the pro-rated amount I need to pay before I leave the country on 23/12/2017. 

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solution

Re: How to pro-rate my bill after cancellation?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @tt21, thanks for posting! Smiley

The final prorated bill will be out after the cycle ends, there's unfortunately no way to have it out earlier as it must follow the bill cycle. It's also important to keep in mind that we cannot give you an exact amount of what that bill will cost as if there were any overages for your current cycle they will go on the final invoice.

That said, it is best you pay the full balance owing right now prior to the due date, in order to avoid late fees. If the final bill results in a credit being owed to you, we will mail you a refund cheque. You just have to be sure you have your overseas address on the account so that you can receive your refund.

Keep in mind that if you log in to Fido.ca with your e-mail as your username, you will have access even if your account is cancelled. In terms of contacting us, and to make a payment, we're available on Facebook, Twitter, and here on the Community so you can easily reach us even if you're away Smiley More info on that here

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoNick

Hey @tt21, thanks for posting! Smiley

The final prorated bill will be out after the cycle ends, there's unfortunately no way to have it out earlier as it must follow the bill cycle. It's also important to keep in mind that we cannot give you an exact amount of what that bill will cost as if there were any overages for your current cycle they will go on the final invoice.

That said, it is best you pay the full balance owing right now prior to the due date, in order to avoid late fees. If the final bill results in a credit being owed to you, we will mail you a refund cheque. You just have to be sure you have your overseas address on the account so that you can receive your refund.

Keep in mind that if you log in to Fido.ca with your e-mail as your username, you will have access even if your account is cancelled. In terms of contacting us, and to make a payment, we're available on Facebook, Twitter, and here on the Community so you can easily reach us even if you're away Smiley More info on that here

Hope this helps!