How to make the local calls with extension by fido home phone?

OlgaL
I'm a Participant Level 2

How to make the local calls with extension by fido home phone? When you dial the extension the message says that this extention is wrong. If I call from my cell or the land line this extenstion is working.

6 REPLIES 6
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey OlgaL!

I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean. Could you clarify/provide more details?

Thanks! Smiley

I think OlgaL got trouble to dial to phone number like "4161234567 - ext 1000". 

Have you tried to use another home phone with the same fido home device, OlgaL? 

Or could you try the phone on other landline? 

OlgaL
I'm a Participant Level 2

What I mean by phone number with extention: example 514-365-1200 ext.203.

Yes, I tried my cell and another landline phone to call that number with extension and it worked.. But when I dialed the number from my home phone I got the message saying that the extention number is incorrect.

Called already to the customer service, didn't get help so far. They promised to solve it within 72 hours.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey OlgaL,

We've received an update about this and we just need a bit more information from you.

Can you confirm if you're able to reach your voicemail and listen to your messages from your home phone?

Let us know! 

yasirdildar
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same problem. Called customer service several times and they said that technicians are working to resolve the issue; it's been already 2 weeks. I am switching back to my former carrier if the problem is not resolved in the next couple of days.

Hey OlgaL.

That's odd. You should be able to dial extensions without a problem.

I'm happy to see that the customer service is now verifying the situation for you.

If you can, please keep us updated on the situation.

It would be really appreciated Smiley