How to make a Device Protection Claim

SOLVED
nicomigu
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I cracked the screen of my new galaxy s8 and I'm trying to make a claim to have it fixed or replaced. I got denied by Asurion saying it's not part of the protection plan(I have no idea why), tried Facebook messaging Fido,1 day and still no reply, calling them wasn't any help either. I can barely use my phone because the LCD is really broken.

Accepted Solution

Re: How to make a Device Protection Claim

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

The warranty that comes with the phone doesn't cover physical damages so you won't be able to get it sent for repair at a Fido store for free. 

I recommend you contact Asurion at  1-866-327-3399 to see why your claim was denied. 

Let us know how that goes!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @nicomigu!

That doesn't sound right. Sad You should be able to submit a claim and get a replacement phone. What exactly did they say wasn't part of the protection plan?

nicomigu
I'm a Contributor Level 1

They didnt say why the message just said claim denied. If I go to a fido store will they be able to repair it?

The warranty that comes with the phone doesn't cover physical damages so you won't be able to get it sent for repair at a Fido store for free. 

I recommend you contact Asurion at  1-866-327-3399 to see why your claim was denied. 

Let us know how that goes!