How to get just a BBM plan?

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi guys,

So, i have an iPhone 4s with a plan from Fido. I also have a Blackberry and I want to use it for BBM. I want to use both phones at the same time. The iPhone 4s is fine the way it is, I only want to add another plan so that I can use my blackberry to use BBM, not to make calls or txt.

I talked to my friend and asked how he does this and he said he has his normal phone plan and also pays $10 a month for the bbm on the blackberrry (he uses an iPhone and BB at the same time). I called into fido and they said they cant do this? Very frustrating as I have talked to numerous people that are currently doing this and they said they had NO issues setting this up. For some reason everytime I call the person says sorry and explains to me that I need a voice plan as well.

Someone please let me know how to figure this out. 

Accepted Solution

Re: How to get just a BBM plan?

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 3

Honestly sounds like he wants wants to actively use both the iPhone and BB on the Fido network. My interpretation is he wants his iPhone to function as normal and have a BB with just BBM, no call or data.

I'm assuming he also wants to have the same number accessible by both devices which simply isn't possible. Like 2 SIM cards hooked up to one account. When he gets a BBM it would go to his BB, but calls, texts, data, all else goes to his iPhone.

The solution would be 2 separate lines, one for each device. I believe you need a base (Standard) plan starting at $20 or going on Prepaid in order to add BBM.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
I'm Qualified Level 1

I think he is saying he wants to keep his iPhone and just use the BlackBerry for BBM. I don't think Fido has a BBM messaging plan without subscribing to voice or data. You should go into one of the Fido stores and see if they can do this or if it is even available with Fido. If it were me, I would ditch the iphone and move completely to the berry. Wink

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.

@Original_Lucy wrote:

I think he is saying he wants to keep his iPhone and just use the BlackBerry for BBM. I don't think Fido has a BBM messaging plan without subscribing to voice or data. You should go into one of the Fido stores and see if they can do this or if it is even available with Fido. If it were me, I would ditch the iphone and move completely to the berry. Wink

Agreed. If the user wants to have an iOS device (probably why the OP is asking the question) then the OP should just have an iPod Touch & a BlackBerry for phone use. I've seen many people do this and they seem fine with it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
I'm Qualified Level 3

Honestly sounds like he wants wants to actively use both the iPhone and BB on the Fido network. My interpretation is he wants his iPhone to function as normal and have a BB with just BBM, no call or data.

I'm assuming he also wants to have the same number accessible by both devices which simply isn't possible. Like 2 SIM cards hooked up to one account. When he gets a BBM it would go to his BB, but calls, texts, data, all else goes to his iPhone.

The solution would be 2 separate lines, one for each device. I believe you need a base (Standard) plan starting at $20 or going on Prepaid in order to add BBM.

I'm an Expert Level 2

Your post is VERY confusing.  You want to Switch to the BlackBerry once your iphone craps out? so what do u mean by not wanting voice or data?   once you put the sim card from your iphone into the blackberry, your calls and text will work on the blackbery bro, thats simply how phones work, you will need to use the bb for answering your calsl and such, then you can add the blackberry social netowrking or personal email option to your account, both include bbm.   its around $10-15,  then you can bbm,,   isn't that what you want?