How to change phone number online

I'm a Participant Level 1 Igameruthless
I'm a Participant Level 1

How to change phone number online

How do i change my phone number online, please provide with exact instructions on how to do so..

Ive looked at all the posts saying how to do so and the instructions ive looked at simply says 

1)my account

2)my services

3)click the "change number" button

(Which does not exist) 

I dont know what else to say

Accepted Solution

Re: How to change phone number online

@Faakaaf999 The MY ACCOUNT section on Fido's website layout has since changed the option to change your number is now at the bottom under the QUICK ACTIONS sections.

change number.jpgChange Number

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Hello Igameruthless,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, do you have a postpaid or prepaid plan? While a number change online is free for postpaid customers, there may be a fee for prepaid customers unless you're changing it because you're moving to a different region outside of your local calling area (see here).

Since changing a phone number for prepaid plans may incur a fee, it's possible it might not be available via My Account.

If you do have a postpaid plan, you should be able to get the option via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Phone Number (if more than one phone number on account) --> Change My Number.

Change number.jpg

**edit** Here are some things to note after changing your phone number.**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 rmyhovych

I wanted to change my mobile phone number and every similar topic was telling the same thing :

"You can do so by logging into My Account on Fido.ca. Click on Services tab and the option Change My Number appears right underneath."

There is no "Services" tab on my account page and there is not a single instance of "Change My Number" option on the entire website. Is there an actual way to change my number online or am I only finding outdated forum threads?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Hey @rmyhovych!

I moved your post to this thread as it does deal with the same topic Smiley

The phone number change option does still appear in the same place. @Cawtau has even provided a handy screenshot to show exactly where it is Smiley

If you do not see that option then it's due to the fact that you do not have account holder access on Fido.ca - this would mean that your bills are also unavailable.

If you log in with your phone number, please register again with an e-mail address so that you can have full access.

If you do log in with your e-mail then you can either use a different e-mail to register as an account holder or let us know and we'll send you a PM to delete the old profile so you can register again.

I do hope this info helps, keep us posted! Very Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 Faakaaf999

im postpaid plan... these options beside my phone number drop down do not show up... why? i want to chnage my phone number! just blank beside the phone number drop down on sevices page

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1
Solution

@Faakaaf999 The MY ACCOUNT section on Fido's website layout has since changed the option to change your number is now at the bottom under the QUICK ACTIONS sections.

change number.jpgChange Number

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7

Hey @Faakaaf999,

Did KAPABLE-K's answer help, were you able to change your number? Keep us posted!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7