How to change my number to other connection?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

vishal00v
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I want to know how to quit Fido and take a new connection with the same number. I took my new SIM card on this sept. and it was OK for the last two months, from this month beginning I'm having the worst network ever. Much better connections than this are available in Indian rural's. Anybody, please help me with this...

Thanks

Vishal

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@vishal00v wrote:

Hi,

I want to know how to quit Fido and take a new connection with the same number. I took my new SIM card on this sept. and it was OK for the last two months, from this month beginning I'm having the worst network ever. Much better connections than this are available in Indian rural's. Anybody, please help me with this...

Thanks

Vishal

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Vishal00v,

Welcome to the community!

A couple of things to consider before switching providers...

What phone are you using? Was it purchased from Fido or brought over from abroad? If your phone doesn't have enough compatible bands/frequencies, coverage would be limited. The same would likely be true with the other providers as well. You can verify the Fido/Rogers compatible bands/frequencies here.

Have you verified the network settings and APN(s) on your phone are correct? You can verify the APN settings here.

Where are you generally located? Cellular service is dependent on proximity to cellular towers. If you are in an area with few or distant towers, coverage would also be limited. It may be that some of the other providers have closer towers to your location. You can get an idea of where the cellular towers are located in your area here

If there are other towers which are closer to your location, you might avail of extended coverage. Enabling roaming will allow you to connect to Fido-EXT. You should be aware that extended coverage use is only meant on a short-term basis. 

Are you having problems both inside and outside? Cellular service is also affected by interference issues such as local topography, trees, buildings, building materials, etc...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hey @vishall00v and thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to see that you are planning to stop your service.

But if you feel that it's only a sim card problem, you can simply switch it to a new one.

I just received your PM. We will talk soon Smiley