How to activate spotify? Code not working?

SOLVED
FidoMan6000
I'm a Participant Level 3

I really don't want to waste too much time trying to get Spotify, Its very frustrating.

So I downloaded Spotify, Made an account, Activated 7 day trial.

So in the options, I can choose pay with credit, paypal or redeem code.

So I get to this point.

I am on Data, not wifi, go to Fido Hub and send my phone a code.

When I enter the code, it always says invalid. I have tried a few times but no luck.

Is this the correct place to put in the code?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate spotify? Code not working?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoKevin

Hey Fidoman6000! How are you today? Welcome to our community forums!

If you're currently on the free 7 day trial for Spotify, you'll either have to wait until the trial has run out, or you'll have to cancel the trial directly with Spotify before activating the premium membership included in your Pulse Plan Smiley

Once that's taken care of,  to activate your Spotify premium subscription, you just have to got to Fido Hub from your Fido phone and follow the instructions there. Make sure to do this on mobile data! Smiley

Once you enter your phone number on this site, you should receive a code by text message to enter again on this site and then click on Activate Spotify Premium, Spotify and DAILY VICE.

You then just have to follow the instructions on screen to link your Spotify account to your Fido account.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
kaebfly

I have a fido pulse plan. I tried to activate my spotify but I used my laptop in order to input the code. I didn't know that I'm supposed to use my phone and not use wifi. I have downloaded spotify on my phone and I just finished the 7 day free trial. So now, every time I go on fidohub using my phone, it is telling me to upgrade my plan or buy spotify premium. Is my account/plan not eligible for the 6 month free spotify premium?

Hey @kaebfly

Welcome to the Community!

I think I know what's happening in your case. The promotion can't be added on a Spotify account that was Premium before. It would have to be a brand new account or one that was never Premium before.

Razvan14
I'm a Participant Level 1

I realy have a problem with this. After hours of misery and confusion, I finally got my code and I entered it on fidohub. Then, I tried to find how to get spotify premium for 6 months free, but I only found a upgrade plan and a buy spotify. I'm so tired to find a answer.... The only reason I stayed with Fido is because I wanted to have the spotify account just to realize is a pain in the ***.

Hi @Razvan,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry about your troubles with Spotify Premium! Just to make sure, are you already on a Pulse Plan and have you followed these steps to activate it?

Also, the promo is available to first time users only, if you've had the Premium version in the past, it won't work. You would need to create a brand new user name to benefit from the 6 months free trial.

Let me know and we'll take it from there.

FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey Fidoman6000! How are you today? Welcome to our community forums!

If you're currently on the free 7 day trial for Spotify, you'll either have to wait until the trial has run out, or you'll have to cancel the trial directly with Spotify before activating the premium membership included in your Pulse Plan Smiley

Once that's taken care of,  to activate your Spotify premium subscription, you just have to got to Fido Hub from your Fido phone and follow the instructions there. Make sure to do this on mobile data! Smiley

Once you enter your phone number on this site, you should receive a code by text message to enter again on this site and then click on Activate Spotify Premium, Spotify and DAILY VICE.

You then just have to follow the instructions on screen to link your Spotify account to your Fido account.

Hope this helps!

FidoMan6000

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You have to stay on the site and enter the code back on to Fido Hub.... 

I thought you had to enter this inside Spotify!!!!!!! 

Okay they really need to make clear instructions for this. 

I re-read your post and got a hunch. 

Thank you. 

I'm so glad you were able to link up your Spotify subscription to your account!

Enjoy free Spotify! Smiley

FidoMan6000

Hi, I am frustrated with Fido as usual. How about you? 

The trial is over now. 

Which instructions are you referring too?  

I go to Fido Hub from my phone in mobile data,

I only see an option to enter my phone number, press send code and I receive a text message with a 4 digit code.

I can't click the code or anything,

I go back to Spotify and try entering the code but it says invalid.

I'm doing great, but I'm sad to hear that you're frustrated. I'd really like to look into this with you.

I'll send you a Private Message so we can look into this together Smiley