How to activate my phone again?

Service interruption

We sincerely apologize to our customers. We know connectivity is critical and are working hard to restore services for customers who continue to experience wireless interruptions. Residential wireline internet services are not impacted. We will continue to provide updates. Please follow this thread for updates.

SOLVED
idpokute
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi.

I had two cell-phones. I stopped one of them 6 months ago, so I can't see it on Fido homepage.  I have the same phone and sim card. Can I use the phone again?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate my phone again?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @idpokute,

We can take a look at that with you Smiley I just need some more info about this. 

Was your line completely cancelled or had you transferred it to prepaid?

If it was cancelled, we sadly won't be able to reactivate it. We're only able to reactivate a line within 60 days of deactivation. In that case, you'll need to purchase a new SIM card and activate a brand new line with a new phone number. You can however, use the same device.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoClaudia

Hey @idpokute,

We can take a look at that with you Smiley I just need some more info about this. 

Was your line completely cancelled or had you transferred it to prepaid?

If it was cancelled, we sadly won't be able to reactivate it. We're only able to reactivate a line within 60 days of deactivation. In that case, you'll need to purchase a new SIM card and activate a brand new line with a new phone number. You can however, use the same device.

Hope this helps.

idpokute
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Sadly, it was cancelled.

I will activate with new number. Do you have any discount or promo for the second number?

Hi @idpokute!

I will send you a PM in just a bit to look into your options.

Talk soon!