How to activate Spotify Premium

SOLVED
marnecosia
I'm a Participant Level 1

i have added spotify to my account and i was told that i was going to recieve a text message instructing on how to active it but it has been a day now and i still hacvent gotten the message. Please help me, thank you 

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate Spotify Premium

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMatt

Hi Marnecosia, 

To activate your Spotify premium subscription, you just have to got to Fidohub.ca from your Fido phone and follow the instructions there. Make sure you are connected to Fido's network when doing this, it won't work on WiFi. 

Once you enter your phone number on this site, you should receive a code by text message to enter again on this site and then click on Activate Spotify Premium, Spotify and DAILY VICE.

You then just have to follow the instructions on screen to link your Spotify account to your Fido account.

Note that if the plan is set to change for the billing cycle this process will not work until the change actually happens. 

Let us know if you have trouble doing this and we'll look into it with you. 

View solution in context
79 REPLIES 79
Mohit177

I am already on a findo plus plan and its telling me to change my plan.... I have 55$ 1gb data and 500 mins. Its a +15 plan. So how do i get spotify now....

Hi @Mohit177 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Based on the description you gave us of your plan, it seems that you have a regular talk/text/data plan and not a Pulse plan. That said, I'll send you a PM to confirm the details of your plan.

Talk to you soon. Wink

ddj
I'm a Participant Level 2

We have 2 phones that already get Spotify Premium for another year but we just upgraded. We also bought a new phone for our daughter so we have 3 phones on account with all different #'s. My daughter never received an access code to activate her spotify? What do we do?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @ddj! You can get the code by simply going on on Fidohub.ca. Smiley

Hey @ddj,

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to this existing thread since it might be of help Smiley

Have you tried activating Spotify Premium on Fidohub.ca with your WiFi off? You can check out the step-by-step instructions on how to do it here.

Let me know Smiley

jeffong

I just got off the phone with a CSR named Steve and he sent me a text message with instructions on how to activate Spotify Premium.  When I go to fidohub.ca while on LTE, I dont see a page asking me to enter my phone number.  Instead I see that I have to either sign up to a Pulse plan or buy Spotify Premium for 9.99/month.  Am I doing something wrong?

Welcome to the community @jeffong! I'm sending you a PM now so we can check out what happened. Smiley

Hey @Davidhansraj

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

I moved your post to this current thread as it seems to be a good fit! 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your Spotify subscription. Can you give us a little more details on if you get any kind of error message when going through the process on fidohub.ca? 

Are you trying to connect a previous Spotify account that you were paying the Premium service for? 

Davidhansraj

Every time I go through the steps to activate my spotify premium but the account itself still stays on the free version. I've called fido support but still no help to resolve the issue yet.

qyamk

Hi
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @qyamk

Need help with something?

Rob67

I activated the 6 month free spotify however i keep geeting a message from fido to sign up for 6 month free deal. Does this mean im not on the 6 month free deal?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Rob67! Smiley

I moved your post since we had a similar post. Are you currently on a Pulse plan? If you are, you only need to register on Fidohub.ca from your phone. 

qccanada

Where to enter my cell number?

qccanada

Now it asked me to start 3 months of premium for 0.99 CAD. 

Where can I enter my Code?

Welcome to the community @qccanada! Smiley

You will need to go on Fidohub.ca to register your Spotify Premium account. It will be best to do it from your phone. You can also click here if you want to check out how to activate it.

qccanada

Thanks, I will try next week when my plan change is in place. I guess by that time it will allow me to enter the promotion code.

No problem @qccanada.

Keep us updated Smiley

Xavier1987

I have followed  these instructions. The app/phone still tells me to upgrade to premium for 9.99 a month? 

@marnecosia wrote:

i have added spotify to my account and i was told that i was going to recieve a text message instructing on how to active it but it has been a day now and i still hacvent gotten the message. Please help me, thank you 

*** Edited to add labels ***

Hi @Xavier1987 & welcome to the Community!

When you go to Fidohub.ca, is it telling you to add Spotify Premium to your phone for $9, or are there instructions to activate your free 2-year subscription?