How to activate Spotify Premium

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

How to activate Spotify Premium

Hi there, I just signed up to Fido pulse plan and supposed to gt access to Spotify Premium. I read that to proceed with activation, you are supposed to receive a link to fidohub.ca, which I haven't received yet. Does it supposed to come automatically when you get plan, or how does it work? Thanks Smiley

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate Spotify Premium

Hello @Atoma087,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to activate Spotify , it does not happen automatically.

To activate it follow the instructions here.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 38
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

These steps don’t work. I tried a lot of times. I have the free version right now so I cannot cancel the membership. I keep getting the same answer over and over again.  This Spotify thing is so horribly done. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 38
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @maryloudp13,

I get your frustration, rest assured that you're at the right place for help Smiley

Were you able to obtain the code? What happens exactly when you try to activate the service?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 38
Highlighted

I get the code, It allows me to add it to my Fido bill but then, it tells me to get the Spotify app which I already have and says it’s the free version. To get the paid one, enter credit card number or PayPal. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 38
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hmm, that is weird. I've looked into it and you should be able to access the Premium version. I'd like to check the status of your subscription on our side.

I'll send you a PM and we'll continue over there!

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 38
Highlighted

Didn’t get any message to activate Spotify,

how do I get the message?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 38
Highlighted

Hey @Jehenox! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I've moved your post to this thread for you. It will provide you with the answers you seek.

Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 38
Highlighted

Got a SMS with a 4 character code for Spotify, entered it into fidohub.ca site, it appears it was accepted, but all I see is:

Hey there! Sign up as a first-time Spotify Premium user and enjoy 6 months for free. Get your access link by logging into your Fido account. www.fido.ca/login

Selecting the Manage link in my profile takes me to the same page with the above message.  As I understand, I'm supposed to receive a SMS with a link to activate Spotify premium.  Have not received this yet.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 38
Highlighted

The Fidohub method is for older subscriptions @channelzer0. If you first took your Pulse plan between October 25th 2017 and July 29th 2018 then you must register with Spotify directly. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Go to fido.ca/MyAccount.

2. Log into your account.

3. From the main page, click the phone number for which you’d like to view additional information.

4. In the bottom right corner, click Get it Now in the MANAGE MY SERVICES section. The MY SPOTIFY ACCESS window will open.

5. Click on Redeem Now. Spotify’s website will open.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for a Spotify Premium subscription and activate the offer.

This said, if you took your Pulse plan for the first time prior to October 25th 2017 then the promo has unfortunately expired and you can register at $9.99 per month via Fidohub.ca

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 38