How to activate Spotify Premium on Android tablet

SOLVED
321SC
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Is there a way to activate Spotify Premium with an Android tablet instead of a phone?  The Fidohub.ca method is only applicable to phone installation (I think).  I want to use Spotify with my tablet intead so my phone is freed-up for calls.  Besides, tablet sound quality is better than phone.

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate Spotify Premium on Android tablet

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey there!

The phone is required for the initial activation of your free subscription to Spotify Premium, you'll receive a text message. 

Once your Spotify subscription is activated, then you can use it on any device that you want!

It can be a tablet and even a computer!

Let me know if you have any question.

-FidoManuel

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey there!

The phone is required for the initial activation of your free subscription to Spotify Premium, you'll receive a text message. 

Once your Spotify subscription is activated, then you can use it on any device that you want!

It can be a tablet and even a computer!

Let me know if you have any question.

-FidoManuel

321SC

Thank you for the info.  I followed the Fidohub.ca get code method using the phone.  Unfortunately, my phone (Xiaomi) has its own default app store.  Google Play Store is a secondary add-on.  Spotify directed me to the default Xiaomi app store. Of cause, the Spotify app is not there.  I can only manually go to Google Play Store to install the Spotify app, which is not premium.  There is no provision to change the default app store from Xiaomi to Google Play.  I tried to use my old phone just to setup the Spotify premium account but the phone does not have the required version of Andriod OS Spotify needs.

Alternatively, I try to do the same with my Nexus 7 tablet.  The Fidohub.ca get code method worked smoothly but the resulting Spotify account is not premium.  So far, I am stuck.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

The app has no impact on the subscription you'll get. 

On your phone go to fidohub.ca and follow the steps.

Once you have your Spotify account and subscribed to the Premium version you'll be able to log into any device through the Spotify app and have your premium subscription. 

Visit this page: http://fido.ly/1MpjKCg.

It's a step-by-step guide to subscribe to Spotify Premium. Hope it helps!

-FidoManuel

321SC

I went through the steps using the phone to get the code from Fidohub.ca with wifi off, using Fido data.  After I enter the code, the next thing I got was the "Get Spotify App" (first screen capture), unlike the instructions said "Login to Spotify" (second screen capture).  Because my app store limitation, I was only able to pre-install the Spotify app prior to getting the code.  However, I did not sign in or activated the app as yet.  If I sign in Spotify separately, it would be the free account instead of the premium account.

Screenshot_2016-01-06-20-22-45.png

This is what I got

Screen Capture.png

This is what the instruction said

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi 321SC! 

Can you clarify what you mean by app store limitation? Are you able to uninstall the Spotify app you have and start the process over?

Let me know! 

321SC

My phone (Xiaomi) has its own default non-Google app store.  My Google Play Store is an add-on and cannot be designated as default.  When I clicked the "Get Spotify App" link, it went to the default app store where it obviously couldn't find the Spotify app.  I can only manually go to Google Play Store to install Spotify.  This way, I can only get the Spotify free account, not the premium account.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

@321SC I'll send you a PM and we'll check this out!