How to Cancel Spotify Premium

pascam
I'm a Participant Level 3

I am currently trying to cancel my Spotify Preminum Subscription, but I keep getting this message

"ATTENTION!

Uh-oh. We ran into a bit of a problem and can’t complete your request at this time. Please try again." .

I have been trying for 2 months to cancel it. I've also called support to help me out, but they said they will flag this out and somebody will call me in 2-3days(been a month). Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi there @pascam

Spotify premium subscription through Fido must be cancel be yourself the customer support can't do this for you. Here is the procedure..

Go to your browser at fidohub.ca

Unsubcribe yourself entering your user at Spotify.

Once that is done Fido will send you a text to confirm your subscription as ended.

If you require any further instructions in this process please reply here in 

I further suggest you contact Fido billing afterwards so to discuss a possible month credit off(- $10) on your spotify account if you have been overcharged Fido will take care of you.

I hope this helps you meanwhile..

Cheers! 

pascam

I did the procedure in fidohub.ca already, that is why I have that error message. 

What do you mean by entering your user at Spotify? Do you mean go to actually Spotify to unsubscribe and wait till the subscription ends?

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi @pascam sorry for the difficulty 

Please make sure you are on mobile data before proceeding.

Also I meant to enter your Spotify name info in Fido screen at Fidohub.ca but seems you do not even need to do thisScreenshot_2018-01-22-19-40-38.png

just in out the phone number 

associated with your Fido Spotify account... Screenshot_2018-01-22-19-40-38.png

About error...

I'm going to extrapolate a possible explaination for the error ok. .Did you maybe I've changed your phone number since your initials subscription to the service? Then you would have to input that old number I suppose if the new number does not work fidohub. 

You should receive a text from Fido confirming your cancellation.

Please let me know how it goes..

cheers!

pascam

Screenshot_20180122-195955.pngScreenshot_20180122-200002.png

Here's the result when I try to cancel it...

My phone number is my first number on my first ever phone...

Hey @pascam!

That's definitely a little odd, are you on a free promo through us, or you're paying for the service on your Fido bill?

pascam

I was previously in your free promo for 6 months then was paying afterward. I wanted to cancel it because I found out that I was being charged with Fido and Spotify, so I want to cancel now...

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together!

See you there Very_Happy