How long is a Fido voucher good for until it expires?

SOLVED
ALISHIBAZ
I'm a Contributor Level 3

Hello Forum Members,

I wanted to know the answer to the above question. So, I tried to use the online email customer service exchange.

But I fear I did not phrase the question correctly because I don't believe I got the correct answer for what I wanted to know.

I have changed the name of the FIDO rep to "XXX" in the following exchange because as you can see, they were clearly very courteous and tried to help me and I am not certain who is at fault here.

But I will reproduce the exchange and ask if anyone here can look at this exchange and tell me the answer to my question.

It doesn't matter who is correct and who is incorrect in this exchange.

I'm just sad that I had to waste $20 to learn be certain that there was indeed a problem.

But I still didn't get a definitive answer.

I now the $20 prepaid voucher has a shelf life of more than 30 days. But I just don't know exactly how long it is good for.

I would assume it should be good for six months or so. But here is the exchange.

I wish to reiterate, this service rep was very helpful and courteous to me and I have changed their name because I'm certainly not trying to get anyone into any trouble.

OK. Here is the exchange.

Is there any way I can get my $20 back?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: FIDO  2:24 PM Sat. Jan 3. 2015

Question: How long is a Fido voucher good for until it expires?

1:36 PM Sat. Jan 3. 2015

Dear Jay,

Thank you for visiting our website and allowing us the opportunity to assist you. My name is XXX.

Here is the information you requested:

$10, $20 and $30 vouchers provide access to the network for up to 30 days from date added to the account; $50 vouchers for up to 60 days; $100 vouchers for up to 365 days.

If you don’t refill your account before the balance expiry date, any remaining balance in your account will expire and be lost. You’ll no longer be able to use your phone except for emergency 911 calls. However, you can restore your expired balance if you refill within 7 days of the expiry date.

Regards, XXX | Fido Customer Service Representative
To: FIDO  2:24 PM Sat. Jan 3. 2015

Oh dear. I fear I didn't ask the right question.

You know how a product can have a shelf life of say 3 months? And after that time it goes bad?

That is what I wanted to know about buying a voucher. If I buy one  on say Jan. 1 of this year. How long can I keep it without using it before it expires and becomes worthless?

I hope that I have phrased the question in a better way so that it is clear now and I'm sorry if I failed to ask the proper question in my original email.

Hi Jay ,

It depends on the value of the voucher, as an exemple, the $10, $20 and $30 expire after 1 month, if you don't use it all and don't refill the account within 7 days of the expiry date let's say the 25th of january for a cvoucher purchased on january 1st, the remaining airtime will be lost.

Regards, XXX | Fido Customer Service Representative
3:39 PM Sat. Jan 3. 2015

I'm sorry to contradict you XXX, but I am 99.99% certain that I have purchased $20 vouchers in the past and kept them for 3 months or longer and then used them and they still worked.

So, can you please check and verify that?I will now try an experiment to prove that to you.

I purchased a $20 voucher on Nov 26, 2014. I purchased this voucher at Nofrills in Toronto. The serial number was 137450589.

The voucher number is 8881 0682 9698 98 and I then used this voucher just a few minutes ago.

I used the voucher successfully today - Jan 3, 2015 and 3:35pm.

So, I'm certain that what you have told me is not correct.

Accepted Solution

Re: How long is a Fido voucher good for until it expires?

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

Vouchers are like gift cards so they can't expire since like 2007-2010 (depending on province).

When  you activate them then you basically use them in 1 shot. As if you were to use a 50$ visa giftcard in 1 shot to buy something, in our case you buy service from fido.

That "service" is the prepaid plan which fido has the choice of setting the terms and conditions like how long it lasts for for exmaple (30, 60 and 365)

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Roskov
I'm Qualified Level 1

Vouchers are like gift cards so they can't expire since like 2007-2010 (depending on province).

When  you activate them then you basically use them in 1 shot. As if you were to use a 50$ visa giftcard in 1 shot to buy something, in our case you buy service from fido.

That "service" is the prepaid plan which fido has the choice of setting the terms and conditions like how long it lasts for for exmaple (30, 60 and 365)

ALISHIBAZ

P.S. For anyone reading this thread, I will try to rephrase the question in such a way to make it easier to understand.

I'm trying to find out the following:

If I buy a $20 voucher and keep it in my pocket for two months, will it still work if I try to use it after two months?

If so, for how long can I keep it before using it and it will still be valid?

I'm sorry but I just don't know any way to rephrase it in a better way.

Would anyone here know the answer to that question?

Furthermore, can anyone tell me if that answer exists somewhere on the vouchter? I have never seen the answer to that question.

I know that a $20 voucher will provide access to the network for up to 30 days from date added to the account. But that is not what I am asking. I hope that I have explained my question satisfactorily now and I apologize for the misunderstanding in the first two times I tried to ask this question.

I'm sorry.

ALISHIBAZ

For anyone who is interested, I got an answer from a FIDO rep.

There is NO LIMIT to the length of time you can keep a FIDO voucher before using it.

Isn't that good? It makes me very happy.

A big thank you to all the FIDO reps who helped me.