How do the travel packs work?

SOLVED
altabennett
I'm a Participant Level 2

so i've left things super last minute and just now purchased a travel pack for my trip to Costa Rica which i will be leaving for in 2 hours. How do i turn on the travel pack? and should i have my phone's roaming on or off?
thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: How do the travel packs work?

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @altabennett,

Welcome to the community!

Travel pack is a one time purchase you will get a bucket of minutes text messages and data to use while you are traveling internationally. The Travel Pack and overage rates are applicable for 31 days, including the date of purchase. 

Roaming should be on and you should also check if your phone will be compatible for the wireless network in Costa Rica.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @altabennett,

Welcome to the community!

Travel pack is a one time purchase you will get a bucket of minutes text messages and data to use while you are traveling internationally. The Travel Pack and overage rates are applicable for 31 days, including the date of purchase. 

Roaming should be on and you should also check if your phone will be compatible for the wireless network in Costa Rica.

altabennett
I'm a Participant Level 2

my travel pack is only texting and calling. so do i still want to keep my data roaming turned on?

Hey @altabennett

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

To add on to KAPABLE-K's answer, data roaming is specific to data usage. If you'll only be using calls and text messages, you will not need to enable your Data roaming. I hope this helps clarify a little further.