How do I stop data and bill overage charges

I'm a Participant Level 2 Blanche1
I'm a Participant Level 2

How do I stop data and bill overage charges

Hello house,

Please sorry if I am writing on what someone else has already posted.

I just subscribed less than a month with Fido after signing a $35 plan. 

I just discovered that my bill keeps adding rapidly and I just saw in my account that I have a bill of $670.82 to be paid by January 10th 2019. I don't get it.

Pleasssse can someone tell me what to do and how to stop this?

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I stop data and bill overage charges

Hey @Blanche1

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

I can understand how it can be surprising to receive a bill higher than expected. Did you get a chance to check out the details of your invoice to confirm it is indeed from data usage?

As long as you're registered to Online Billing you can view these details by following the steps below:

> First log into My Account

> Click on Billing & Payments

> View Bill

> Save or Print your bill

There are also several ways to help manage your data. We have a page here with Tips on how to Prevent Data overages. 

You can track your unbilled usage when logged in on Fido.ca, on the My Account App or by dialing *3337 from your Fido Mobile device. We also offer the option to add a Data Top-Ups when you feel you might go over your allocated data.

Last but not least, if you were to get on a Pulse plan, you could benefit from 5 full hours per billing cycle of FREE Data. You can check out more details on our Data Bytes right here

I hope this helps. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Solution

Hey @Blanche1

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

I can understand how it can be surprising to receive a bill higher than expected. Did you get a chance to check out the details of your invoice to confirm it is indeed from data usage?

As long as you're registered to Online Billing you can view these details by following the steps below:

> First log into My Account

> Click on Billing & Payments

> View Bill

> Save or Print your bill

There are also several ways to help manage your data. We have a page here with Tips on how to Prevent Data overages. 

You can track your unbilled usage when logged in on Fido.ca, on the My Account App or by dialing *3337 from your Fido Mobile device. We also offer the option to add a Data Top-Ups when you feel you might go over your allocated data.

Last but not least, if you were to get on a Pulse plan, you could benefit from 5 full hours per billing cycle of FREE Data. You can check out more details on our Data Bytes right here

I hope this helps. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Somehow. 

I don't just get it. I have paid for the 8GB plan on the 19th of December. Presently, I keep receiving data overage while it is showing in my account that I am at the same time consuming the 8GB, showing a remaining data of over 5 GB. I have called FIDO Service and they cannot solve it. Can it be solve here. I already have an overage bill, and more is adding to it?

Please I really need help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6

Hey @Blanche1

We'll send you a PM so we can look into this Smiley .

Talk to you soon. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6

Great!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

Hey @Blanche1!

We've sent you the PM. Smiley