How do I stop Incoming emails coming in twice each message?

SOLVED
Glenys
I'm a Participant Level 2

Can you help me with this, please? I have a Fido SIM card as my default here in Canada, but I needed to use a different SIM card for two weeks in England earlier this month.  To do that, I had to verify my gmail account on the SIM card I used (a prepaid Pay-as-you-Go EE card). Ever since then I am getting two copies of every incoming email, even though I am now back in Canada and on my Fido account again. Can you tell me how to get back to one copy only of each incoming email? Should I delete my gmail account from the settings and then try again?  I'm worried I might lose my email all together if I do that.  Any helpful suggestions would be really welcome.  Thanks all.  Glenys

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I stop Incoming emails coming in twice each message?

Solved by Community Manager

Hey Glenys and welcome to the Community!

That sounds a bit strange. I would definitely suggest deleting the email account from your phone and then adding it back. Don't worry though, you won't lose any of the emails Smiley

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey Glenys and welcome to the Community!

That sounds a bit strange. I would definitely suggest deleting the email account from your phone and then adding it back. Don't worry though, you won't lose any of the emails Smiley

Let us know how it goes!

Glenys

Many, many thanks, Stephen. It looks like that was the right answer - I only got as far as sending myself a "Test#1" email from my other account and it only came through once to my phone gmail account.  So, great stuff, thank you!

Great! Always happy to help Smiley

Glenys

Many thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.  G