How do I cancel Spotify?

How do I cancel Spotify?

How do I cancel Spotify?

SOLVED
sannathan
I'm a Participant Level 2

How do I cancel Spotify?

I was given a free spotify premium under the pulse plan in November but now Spotify charge has appeared in my credit card.

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I cancel Spotify?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Hey @sannathan

You can check out your subscription status and cancel it if need be on fidohub.ca

View solution in context
33 REPLIES 33
spaang

I checked my online billing this morning... and all a sudden, I see a $9.99 charge for spotify premium service, which I never subscribed.. And I don't have user ID and password to logon to spotify to cancel this service...

what is going on?

and I also went to fidohub.ca, it showed UPGRADE YOUR PLAN  and BUY SPOTIFY PREMIUM..  nothing else..  I used DATA (not wifi) to logon..  therefore I don't need the code.

please fix this for me and remove this service from my account..  I don't want this ADDon that I didn't subscribe.

spaang

@spaang wrote:

I checked my online billing this morning... and all a sudden, I see a $9.99 charge for spotify premium service, which I never subscribed.. And I don't have user ID and password to logon to spotify to cancel this service...

what is going on?

and I also went to fidohub.ca, it showed UPGRADE YOUR PLAN  and BUY SPOTIFY PREMIUM..  nothing else..  I used DATA (not wifi) to logon..  therefore I don't need the code.

please fix this for me and remove this service from my account..  I don't want this ADDon that I didn't subscribe.

I tried to get help from your FACEBOOK chat line, waited 2 hrs and all I get from them is

use desktop and logon fidohub.ca and cancel from there.. 

I went to fidohub.ca and it asked me for my phone number. I got the code.. but it won't accept the code on the web.. I retry 6 times.. still won't accept my code.

from Spotify help site:

Cancel your subscription

If you would like to cancel your partner subscription to Spotify, you’ll need to contact the partner through which the subscription is arranged. 

I called in FIDO this time, and the REP says, she can't cancel the service. I need to talk to Spotify...

I am a new customer with only 40 days of service, and you send me around and around.. All I want is to remove this Spotify ADDon ( which I didn't subscribe in the 1st place)..  Can you tell me, the only way to remove this ADDon, is CANCEL the FIDO service one it for all...?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @spaang

Sorry for the delay ! 

We replied to your PM Smiley

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @sannathan

You can check out your subscription status and cancel it if need be on fidohub.ca

slkoh

The fidohub.ca solution doesn't work for me... The Website opens on the downloading page for the Spotify/Daily Vice Apps, with no other options or menu. How can I cancel my Spotify subscription then? Thx.

ogauthier

I have same issue here, nothing to cancel on fidohub.ca

Hi there @ogauthier

Thanks for reaching out!

Do you have the stand alone option? Or you have Spotify as part of your Pulse plan?

When you go to fidohub.ca (while connected to Wi-Fi) are you able to enter your number and click GET CODE?

Thanks for keeping us posted!

ogauthier

With a Pulse plan. Yes I can get a code, but what do I do with this code?

ogauthier

Ok I got it, I had to enter the code to cancel, which worked.

Thanks

Awesome Smiley Glad to read that and thanks so much for keeping us posted!

Hey @sikoh and welcome to the Community.

Do you have the stand alone option? Or you have Spotify as part of your Pulse plan?

Let me know Smiley

slkoh

Hi,

Subscription is part of a Pulse Plan.

Hey @slkoh !

Jessica here taking over Smiley I'll be sending you a PM so we can take a look at this together Smiley

choijts

Hi Jessica,

I also have a Pulse Plan and need to cancel my spotify subscription in order to close my spotify account. I went to Fido Hub and I also have no option to cancel - just the option to "get spotify app".

Looks like I may be in a similar boat. Any assistance would be appreciate.d

Hey @choijts and welcome to the Community Smiley

Did you make sure that you activated your Spotify Premium subscription?

After the activation, you must wait at least 24-hours before cancelling it.

From there, you will need to follow these instructions:

1. Go to fidohub.ca.
  2. If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, enter your phone number and click GET CODE. We’ll send you a text message with a confirmation code. Enter the code and click SUBMIT.
  3. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM.
  4. Click YES, CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

Let me know if you have any questions about this Smiley

MidasY
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem. I followed your step but I cannot find the option to CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM. only "view plans" and "buy spotify premium"

I used Pulse plan before and changed to regular this month. trying to cancel the subscription.

thank you!

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @MidasY! Smiley

If you moved from a Pulse plan to a non-Pulse plan, your Spotify subscription will be automatically removed. You will have the free version in this case. Hope this helps! 

choijts

Yes, it has been active for over several weeks. I did change my phone number in the time between activating my subscription and now, however.

@choijts

Let's take a look at it together.

I'm sending you a PM now to resolve this.

Talk to you soon.

Lalasharma

Go to fidohub.ca.
If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, enter your phone number and click GET CODE. We’ll send you a text message with a confirmation code. Enter the code and click SUBMIT.
Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM.
Click YES, CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

After doing this I get an error message! How do I stop my subscription if Fido won't even let me cancel it? Nobody is helping me with this and I just keep getting charged for something I don't even use!