How do I cancel Spotify?

How do I cancel Spotify?

How do I cancel Spotify?

SOLVED
rxcidivist
I'm a Participant Level 1

How do I cancel Spotify?

I've subscribed to premium Spotify via Fido and now I'd like to cancel it. How do I do that?

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I cancel Spotify?

Solved by Moderator

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd provide an updated solution to this thread as it's been a while since we launched our Spotify promo and certain things have changed a little Smiley

If on the older 2 year Spotify promotion, the Premium subscription will cancel itself automatically at the end of the 2 year period. It's not possible to cancel it before that.

Now, for those of you on the 6 month promo, if you decide to no longer use the service you can cancel it via Fidohub.ca. All you need to do is enter your number, and you'll receive a code. Enter that code back on Fidohub and from there you can manage the subscription! 

Hope this helps everyone out!

View solution in context
61 REPLIES 61
acaron

How do I confirm it will cancel when i achieve the 2 years? I upgraded my phone at the 10 month, will this impact the expiry?

Hey @acaron Smiley 

At the end of the offer period, your Spotify Premium will automatically downgrade to the Spotify Free version.

Hope this helps.

cdstella
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not able to cancell spotify. 

Hey everyone,

Can you tell me a little more about the issue? What happens when you try to cancel it exactly? 

Don't hesitate to reach out directly on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a look at the account. 

Thanks! 

MarthaLF

I want to cancel Spotify premium.

I tried first answering many month ago to the sms sended by the system and it didn't work. Today I'm trying to go to Fidohub.ca and the site doesnt work... it seems very complicated to unsubscribe to this stuff that I didn't ask for... 😕

FidoNick

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd provide an updated solution to this thread as it's been a while since we launched our Spotify promo and certain things have changed a little Smiley

If on the older 2 year Spotify promotion, the Premium subscription will cancel itself automatically at the end of the 2 year period. It's not possible to cancel it before that.

Now, for those of you on the 6 month promo, if you decide to no longer use the service you can cancel it via Fidohub.ca. All you need to do is enter your number, and you'll receive a code. Enter that code back on Fidohub and from there you can manage the subscription! 

Hope this helps everyone out!

TheAngelStar

hi!

You need to go to fidohub.ca with your Phone on data, not with your computer.

that's the trick. You'll be able to see the link to cancel the subscription.

hope it helps!

tanveerfatima

I've been trying to cancel my subscribtion as well but there is no option on fidohub. How do I do this?

Hey @ tanveerfatima!

Did you have the 6-month free subscription? Are you able to follow these steps:

-Go to fidohub.ca.

-Connect to Wi-Fi.

-Enter your phone number and click GET CODE.

-Enter the code and click SUBMIT.

-Select CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

-Select YES, CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

Let us know!

jmenard20

I wasn't able to cancel it on the computer, but was able to cancel from my phone.

Hope this helps!

manishk

I've tried both on my phone and laptop and not found success =\. Please help!
I'd like to cancel this trial so I can switch my account to a Spotify family account.

Hi there @Adam4 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

In order to cancel your $9.99 Subscription, you should follow these steps:

1. Go to fidohub.ca.

2. If you’re connected to the Fido network (not Wi-Fi), skip this step.

• If you are on Wi-Fi, enter your phone number and click GET CODE.
  • After you get the text message with your code, go back to fidohub.ca to enter the code and click SUBMIT.
  • If fidohub.ca doesn’t recognize the code, turn off Wi-Fi and try again.

3. Log on to fidohub.ca and click CANCEL SPOTIFY SUBSCRIPTION.

4. Click YES, CANCEL SPOTIFY.

Hope it helps Smiley heureux

Hey manishk!

What exactly is happening when you try cancel your subscription? Are you not receiving the code by SMS? 

clint123

I am looking for options to cancel the premium spotify from my account. however it is shaping up to be a trap where no one can cancel it. 

And before you send me to http://www.fidohub.ca/ .....IT DOES NOT HAVE AN OPTION TO CANCEL.

Hey @clint123, thanks for reaching out.

We certainly don't want  to simply send you back on Fidohub.ca

Just to make sure I understand the issue here, when you go on this page, are you connected on WI-FI?

If so, it should allow you to put in the code that would allow you to see your profile and cancel Spotify.

Let me know.

Lalasharma

I keep getting charged for Spotify and have no way of cancelling it. Fidohub does not work. I have since added my Spotify account to the family deal that Spotify had so I don't know why it keep charging me 9$ a month. Fido service does not help me at all when I call and try to cancel. I want to cancel it so I stop getting scammed.

Hey @Lalasharma

What happens when you go on a www.fidohub.ca ? Do you go through the whole process? You need to enter the code that you receive and from there you'll be able to cancel it. 

Keep me posted!

Lalasharma

"Uh-oh. We ran into a bit of a problem and can't complete your request at this time. Please try again."

I followed every step and that's what the result is.

Are you connected to data or wifi @Lalasharma ?

Gabriela93

Hey,

My 6 month spotify premium trial has expired and now I want to cancel it, so that I don't have to pay 9$ per month for it. I've tried fidohub.ca but couldn't do it. Please, help.

Thank you!

Gabriela