How do I cancel Spotify?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

How do I cancel Spotify?

I've subscribed to premium Spotify via Fido and now I'd like to cancel it. How do I do that?

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I cancel Spotify?

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd provide an updated solution to this thread as it's been a while since we launched our Spotify promo and certain things have changed a little Smiley

If on the older 2 year Spotify promotion, the Premium subscription will cancel itself automatically at the end of the 2 year period. It's not possible to cancel it before that.

Now, for those of you on the 6 month promo, if you decide to no longer use the service you can cancel it via Fidohub.ca. All you need to do is enter your number, and you'll receive a code. Enter that code back on Fidohub and from there you can manage the subscription! 

Hope this helps everyone out!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 62
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey 

malik94! 

Welcome to the Community!

Did you get the option to enter your phone number to get a code by SMS?

This is how you start the cancellation process for Spotify Premium.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 62
Highlighted

I didn't subscribe to Spotify. I received a text saying that my subscription ends in two days and that If I want to cancel it, I need to respond yes; however, I haven't gotten any confirmation after doing that. I went to fido hub and the only option I get is to enter number to get code. If I have a subscription, please proceed to cancel it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 62
Highlighted

Hey @Elvia!  

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same thing Smiley

In order to cancel the 6 month Spotify subscription, you'll have to head over here and enter your phone number and receive a code. You can then enter that code on the same page. 

You'll then be logged in to Fidohub.ca and can manage your subscription. This is where you'll have the option to cancel your Spotify Premium membership!  

Alternately, if you're on the 2 year promotion, it will cancel itself automatically once the promotional period is over. The 2 year promo cannot be cancelled via Fidohub.ca.  

I hope this helps! Let us know if it works Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 62
Highlighted

hi!

You need to go to fidohub.ca with your Phone on data, not with your computer.

that's the trick. You'll be able to see the link to cancel the subscription.

hope it helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 62
Highlighted
Solution

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd provide an updated solution to this thread as it's been a while since we launched our Spotify promo and certain things have changed a little Smiley

If on the older 2 year Spotify promotion, the Premium subscription will cancel itself automatically at the end of the 2 year period. It's not possible to cancel it before that.

Now, for those of you on the 6 month promo, if you decide to no longer use the service you can cancel it via Fidohub.ca. All you need to do is enter your number, and you'll receive a code. Enter that code back on Fidohub and from there you can manage the subscription! 

Hope this helps everyone out!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 55 of 62
Highlighted

Hi I have a pulse plan but you said it is included in the plan? How come I'm paying 9.99$ for my spotify?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 56 of 62
Highlighted

Hey @mm1989,

Welcome to our Community!

We've received your PM and I have replied to it, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account to see what's going on Smiley

If ever you have questions about your account in the future, you can also contact us here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 57 of 62
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not able to cancell spotify. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 58 of 62
Highlighted

I want to cancel Spotify premium.

I tried first answering many month ago to the sms sended by the system and it didn't work. Today I'm trying to go to Fidohub.ca and the site doesnt work... it seems very complicated to unsubscribe to this stuff that I didn't ask for... 😕

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 59 of 62
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone,

Can you tell me a little more about the issue? What happens when you try to cancel it exactly? 

Don't hesitate to reach out directly on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a look at the account. 

Thanks! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 60 of 62