How do I add a second phone to my account page?

Kevin_Tran
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I recently opened a second plan for my dad, and I was wondering if/and how I could add that number to my existing account? His plan was opened under my name and the same email I used to register my current plan. 

8 REPLIES 8
Kevin_Tran

I just had a thought. Will the second phone line appear on my account when the bill is posted? I recall that the fido dealer I spoke to mentioned the bill won't be posted for a week after activation, so does this mean the bill will appear on my account, adding with it the second phone line in my drop down menu?

Hey @Kevin_Tran

Your additional phone numbers registered to your account should show up under My Account from the time they're active.

When you click on Services > Mobile and you click on the drop-down menu on the left, it should show your new number. Do you currently only see one number on there? 

Kevin_Tran

Hi,

Yeah I only see one number when I click on the drop down menu, which is my primary number that's always been on the account. 

I'll check again regularly to see if the bill is posted. I faintly remember the fido retailer saying my bill for the second number will show up on the 21st, so maybe It'll show up then.

I'll post an update if anything changes

Definitely keep us posted, Kevin_Tran.

In the meantime, could you let us know if you are using your phone number as your username for My Account or your email address when you log in?

Kevin_Tran

Hi,

I'm using my email as my username to log in, it also shows my email as the username in the settings menu.

@Kevin_Tran

Thank you for confirming Smiley Are you logged in as the account holder?

Kevin_Tran

Hi,

Yeah I'm the account holder.

Heres an update:

when I check under the mobile tab, I still only have my primary number appear in the drop down menu.

However, now I have a very large bill compared to my monthly regular amount. I'm assuming it's a combination of: my primary subscription + my new secondary subscription + secondary number activation. I have no way of confirming this though it just shows one large sum without the breakdown. It also does not help the situation that the second number still does not appear. 

I may contact support soon to get an idea of what they are seeing on their end, because I don't wan't to be paying all this money and not knowing if the second number will be cut off in the following month. or worse, something going wrong with my primary.

anyways, thanks for helping everyone. ill update if anything changes

Hey @Kevin_Tran

You can keep us updated about this here.

If there's anything don't hesitate to let us know.

You can also find all the details for your by downloading the PDF version from your online account.

You can find out how to do this from our Community blog here.

Let us know if you have any questions Smiley