How can there not even be an Expected Availability date for the OS upgrades?!

SOLVED
ryanl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have an S6 Edge, and so I've been checking the upgrade page for what seems like months now... 

In my opinion, this reached the ridiculcous stage a long time ago, and will likely be the key factor that pushes me to a Nexus phone with a different carrier.

Fido, you should at least keep your customers updated... zero customer service got old a long time ago...

Accepted Solution

Re: How can there not even be an Expected Availability date for the OS upgrades?!

Solved by Former Moderator FidoKevin

Hey @ryanl! Welcome to our community forums, we're glad to have you Smiley

We'd love to be able to give you a specific date, at the moment, our engineers are working on making sure that the OS ugprade works flawlessly on the Fido network. We don't know when this update will be available yet, we'll keep you informed as soon as we do! 

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
ryanl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I am aware that this is in no way your fault, but listing this complaint as "solved" (in my browser tab at least) is sadly indicative of Fido's idea of what customer service is.

This is not solved. I am not satisfied. This became ridiculous a while ago.

On that note, things have laughingly been upgraded to an expected availablily of "Coming this summer"... which is better than Fall I guess... though it's early days yet...

No need to reply/solve this one; that solution will come when my contract runs out, if not before.

BonnieL
I'm a Participant Level 3

I agree that the delay of the upgrade for S6 Edge has reached the ridiculous stage.  I have even been able to upgrade my S2 tablet, and it is not tied to a data plan.

The upgrade schedule WAS showing June, but now that June 30 is here, I see you have removed the expected date.  I am not tied to a contract, and am really getting fed up with this.  If there is not an upgrade available within the next two weeks, I am likely going to take my business elsewhere.

Doogie87
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I totally agree with the others this is beyond ridiculous. I was expecting the software and security updates that we should have had months ago this week. Now what nerve they have to just remove it from the update schedule.
Fido has turned into the customer service provider. They care more about themselves than the customer.
I will be calling my hardware provider on Monday and switching to another carrier that actually wants my business.
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey @ryanl! Welcome to our community forums, we're glad to have you Smiley

We'd love to be able to give you a specific date, at the moment, our engineers are working on making sure that the OS ugprade works flawlessly on the Fido network. We don't know when this update will be available yet, we'll keep you informed as soon as we do! 

tcartr

What a joke, LOL it works flawlessly just ask the numerous people that flashed other providers marshmallow on the Galaxy S6 and other phones. The software is not the problem it is whatever extra Rogers is trying to add to it. This whole experience has cost you this customer for sure I am gone ASAP, I have removed my other line all ready.
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

I understand where you're coming from Ryan, we're very sad to see you go :(. If there's anything I can do please let me know.

Fido and Rogers have some provider specific features and we want to make sure those features will work without issues on the new OS update, it's happened in the past that updates were pushed right away and they caused some issues for our customers. We don't want to take any chances, we want to make sure everyone could use Fido's features to the fullest. 

tcartr

@FidoKevin

It was it Ryan about to leave it was me, I don't blame you miss you are in tight spot. I am not a upset about the OS upgrade as Iam about the security updates, the last for S6 was November.
I am upset for sure but besides that for years no complaints about Fido. I don't believe there is anything you can do besides releasing the software. Smiley
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Oh, right you are! Sorry about that! I clearly need more coffee Smiley

I'm glad you don't have any other complaints about Fido! That's really good to hear! 

The update will be released as soon as it is ready to perform at it's best on our Fido phones. We really appreciate your patience in waiting for it. We're making sure to get it right! Smiley