How am I able to keep my number during long travel?

SOLVED
Ryaaaan
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I am planning to be outside of Canada for 2 years. But I want to keep my phone number during that period. So I am thinking to change my plan from monthly to prepaid by minutes. Is it the best way to keep my number on? Or is it able to stop my account for a while? Please let me know if you have any best idea:)

Thanks,

Accepted Solution

Re: How am I able to keep my number during long travel?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Ryaaaan!

Welcome to the Community!

If you're leaving for 2 years and you'd like to keep your number while you're away, you're best bet would definitely be transferring your line to prepaid. 

Here are a few things you'll need to know about the transfer:

- You won't be able to have your monthly plan back when you return in two years.

- There's a $10 charge for the migration to prepaid.

- Cancellations fees may apply if you're on a contract.

- It’s important to add airtime to your new prepaid account within the first 30 days or the account will be deactivated.

Once the line is transferred, your prepaid account will remain active for 365 days after your last refill without needing another refill. If you'll be away for 2 years, you'll need to refill again before the end of the 365 days to ensure your line remains active until you come back.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Ryaaaan!

Welcome to the Community!

If you're leaving for 2 years and you'd like to keep your number while you're away, you're best bet would definitely be transferring your line to prepaid. 

Here are a few things you'll need to know about the transfer:

- You won't be able to have your monthly plan back when you return in two years.

- There's a $10 charge for the migration to prepaid.

- Cancellations fees may apply if you're on a contract.

- It’s important to add airtime to your new prepaid account within the first 30 days or the account will be deactivated.

Once the line is transferred, your prepaid account will remain active for 365 days after your last refill without needing another refill. If you'll be away for 2 years, you'll need to refill again before the end of the 365 days to ensure your line remains active until you come back.

Hope this helps.