Horrible signal in my North Van appartment

Kornchip
I'm a Participant Level 1

Ive moved to a new apartment that is in Lower Lonsdale, North Vancoyuver. So its not lick Im in the sticks or anything. Both myself and my wife are long time Fido customers. But the signal we get in this apartment is horrible to say the least. We are on the 2nd floor and need to almost walk outside the apartment just to get full bars. It seems like ther further you are away from the wqindows the worse it gets. To the point that if you are in the kitchen we almost have no signal at all!

Anyone experience anything like this in my area? Ive never had any issues like this before. Its like Ive moved to some black hole/bermuda triangle blind spot. Thats in the most populated area of North Vancouver!

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Kornchip wrote:

Ive moved to a new apartment that is in Lower Lonsdale, North Vancoyuver. So its not lick Im in the sticks or anything. Both myself and my wife are long time Fido customers. But the signal we get in this apartment is horrible to say the least. We are on the 2nd floor and need to almost walk outside the apartment just to get full bars. It seems like ther further you are away from the wqindows the worse it gets. To the point that if you are in the kitchen we almost have no signal at all!

Anyone experience anything like this in my area? Ive never had any issues like this before. Its like Ive moved to some black hole/bermuda triangle blind spot. Thats in the most populated area of North Vancouver!

Hello Kornchip,

Welcome to the community!

Even though that area of North Vancouver is highly populated, it does not have very many cellular towers.

Lower Lonsdale.jpg

Screen capture taken from here. I cannot vouch for accuracy.

Unfortunately, the other mobile companies do not appear have any greater coverage in the area either. 

The obvious answer would be for the mobile companies to build more towers. That's where things get complicated. Many residents in the area seem to be opposed to new cellular towers. Googling N Van cell towers will provide articles related to earlier protests. While some of those articles are rather dated, I imagine a strong reluctance among residents still exists for additional towers.

The mobile companies have been proposing additional cellular towers to augment coverage in the area. You might consider contacting your local municipality to get an idea of the status of any recently proposed cellular towers.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Kornchip! Smiley

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the indoor reception. Unfortunately we can't guarantee services indoors since different factors such as the building materiel can cause interference.  

Does the issue only happen when you're inside the appartement?