Horrible dysfunctional website that is full of bugs and problems

I'm a Participant Level 2 Okidoky
I'm a Participant Level 2

Horrible dysfunctional website that is full of bugs and problems

I really can not understand how your website is so horrible and you still managed to get any positive feedback at all. I always run into problems with your site. Examples are dollar amounts not showing correctly, text getting rendered on the screen incorrectly with text overlapping other text, not being to see more than 60 transactions, not seeing when a $5 text plan is charged and when the new period starts, seeing one page claiming you get 200 messages for $5 and another page saying 250, refresh problems, not being able to make changes to prepaid add-ons, the not working at times at all, the list is really endless. I can not think of one single Canadian company that has done a more horrible terrible job on their customer online site than any other company I have ever seen. I've been using the internet since the 90s, and even the companies that started back then provided a better experiencet than the fido website does. I can not think of a more buggy dysfunctional site. Ever. Anywhere. I've been saying this for years now, and yet you do absolutely nothing about it. Why is it so bad? Did you outsource this project? You actually think you're saving money by having some foreign company provide this site for you? I can't think of another explanation. Surely, a Canadian team of developers would do a better job. I bet any set of coop students from a college would do a better job. It's really very very bad.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Okidoky
I'm a Participant Level 2

Re: Horrible dysfunctional website that is full of bugs and problems

... it gets worse. On the phone system it offers an add-on for $4. The website makes no mention of such a plan. Oh, I had to log in again. Website shows my balance at $30. 5 seconds late it spontaneously changes to $25. At other times I have to refresh the page. I've seen it display 0, then refresh, poof, my actual balance shows (I think). Website shows me that I have a $5 add-on providing 250 messages, but the text overlaps other text.
Tried sorting out add-on issues through Facebook. I have to fill out a social media form for that. Don't trust it, and chose not to. Ok, so how about a chat online. Nope, doesn't work either, because prepaid is special somehow and can not be done through chat. It's all so very stupid.
888 number. Finally, someone could tell me since when I went over 250 message limit. They could reset it by cancelling the add-on and starting a new one today. Now I have to watch if they don't charge me twice, given how absolutely broken the Fido system all over.
I can't find out online when the add-on is charged. They can't show more than 60 transactions, in my case taking me back like 3 days. So pointless. It's problem after problem after problem. This really puzzles me, how a company can do such a lousy job. Can't they turn it into a coop college project or something? I'm sure some students with the help of a teacher could create a new and better experience. Heck *I* could whip a better system than this all on my own.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Horrible dysfunctional website that is full of bugs and problems

Hey @Okidoky

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to learn you're having issues with the website.  Did you try using a different browser to see if you were able to view your info?  You might also want to try clearing your cache and deleting your cookies, that often helps in these situations.

As for the transactions, the website it built in such a way that it only shows the last 60 transactions you made. I understand this is inconvenient for you and I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the team in charge.

Were you able to get your questions answered when you called in?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3