Home Phone Call Display Issue

SOLVED
norp
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

So I just recently got the Fido home phone, plugged it in and tried calling it to test the service. I realized that the home phone does not show the name of the caller, just the number.

I'm coming from Rogers home phone so that was working fine. And I also called with different cell phones aswell, they all resulted the same way, with just the phone number.

I called in for help from an associate and she told me that there is no Name Display for home phones, is this true?

Accepted Solution

Re: Home Phone Call Display Issue

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

@Techguy666

As long you have the ZTE Wireless Home Phone - WF721 and a home phone plan which include Name Display, you will be able to use it. The previous model  ( ZTE Wireless Home Phone - WF720 ) didn't support Name display and has now been discontinued.  Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoFaiza

Hi norp,

The Fido home phone is not compatible with the name display; only caller's number shows for incoming calls.

Hope this answers!

Techguy666
I'm a Participant Level 2

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 11.21.43 PM.png

But according to the website blurb, Name Display *is* compatible? Is this incorrect? Was planning on getting this service...

@Techguy666

As long you have the ZTE Wireless Home Phone - WF721 and a home phone plan which include Name Display, you will be able to use it. The previous model  ( ZTE Wireless Home Phone - WF720 ) didn't support Name display and has now been discontinued.  Smiley