Home Phone Activation Fee?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Home Phone Activation Fee?

Hi,

Can someone please confirm whether an activation fee is required for the Home Phone service?  I was aware of the $65 one-time charge for the device, but hear there is an additional $35 activation fee.  I can't seem to find an option to switch on-line or I would do so (in the hopes of avoiding this $35 fee)...there are only two options listed, call or go to store.

I searched on the community boards, but the questions I saw were about activation fees related to mobile devices only.

Please advise,

Thanks in advance.

LLee

Accepted Solution

Re: Home Phone Activation Fee?

Hey @ lhl1, 

To answer your question, there's indeed a $35 one time set-up fee as well when you activate a home phone line (or any line for that matter).

You can only activate a home phone via customer care or in store.

Thank you for your help @Scooby-Doo. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
MVP Prospect
MVP Prospect

Hello Lee @lhl1 

Welcome to the community!

The service online option can be achieved via the customer service only at the time of the deal so that way they can waived the $35.✌️

If you would like a Fido moderator to send you an PM here to fix this for you ? Or when you visit the store to pickup the modem they will need to get online to waive that for you.  

It may take a few billing periods before you get the $35. Fee waived via the store.

I hope this helps 🙂

Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Hi,

I would very much appreciate a Fido moderator helping me with waiving this $35 activation fee.  A PM regarding next steps would be great.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response!

LLee

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
MVP Prospect
MVP Prospect

My pleasure @lhl1  

I transmitted your request for a top notch Fido moderator to send you a PM very shortly about the home phone activation online waver fee.

Please don't hesitate to contact the forum again if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,

LLee

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Solution

Hey @ lhl1, 

To answer your question, there's indeed a $35 one time set-up fee as well when you activate a home phone line (or any line for that matter).

You can only activate a home phone via customer care or in store.

Thank you for your help @Scooby-Doo. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6