Holiday Scam

Holiday Scam

Holiday Scam

SOLVED
Mychu
I'm a Participant Level 1

Holiday Scam

Today I received this email, loaded with typos.

"Dear fido customer, to make you enjoy the holidays even more , we would like you to celebrate it with our 75,50$ gift coupon for your next bill please accepted or declined : http://client-gift.tk"

When you click the link it takes you to your bank to deposit 74.50 I closed it immediately and will be contacting fido. But this is clever for people who don't notice the small imperfections .

Accepted Solution

Re: Holiday Scam

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Mychu!

Welcome to the Community!

That is deffinitely not from us. Thanks for sharing with everyone!

It would be best to report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.

I would also suggest that you take a screenshot of the email and forward it to internetabuse@fidomobile.ca so that we can look into it as well. Make sure it includes your email address, the contents of the email and any website it asks you to visit. Don’t forget to include the header.

You can find more information about Phishing, Vishing and Smishing right here.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Good job for catching that. Yes it is definitely a scam indeed.

Not to be a party pooper but last time Fido gave me something is a bill and it has a big number attached to it. It is extremely rare that Fido will give away money that way.

Stay vilgiant and let's put these scammers in the slammer (jail).

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Mychu!

Welcome to the Community!

That is deffinitely not from us. Thanks for sharing with everyone!

It would be best to report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.

I would also suggest that you take a screenshot of the email and forward it to internetabuse@fidomobile.ca so that we can look into it as well. Make sure it includes your email address, the contents of the email and any website it asks you to visit. Don’t forget to include the header.

You can find more information about Phishing, Vishing and Smishing right here.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Mychu,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for letting the community know about this type of email scam, Fido would never transfer money to a customer.