High billing for going over daytime minutes

SOLVED
KR3
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I called customer support today because I received a $246.06 bill because I went over airtime minutes. I didn't understand that incoming calls are included in this and couldn't believe that the cost per minute after the allotted plan use was 50 cents. Yes, I used the time, but not being able to do more than offer me a more expensive $80 monthly plan when your competitors offer unlimited talk in Canada for $40, 15$ less than my current $55 per month plan, seems like you're not even trying to keep customers. It feels criminal and the best that the very polite customer service rep over the phone was able to do was knock 23$ off the bill even after checking with colleagues/supervisors, but only if I stay with Fido for at least two more months. I don't like switching providers and generally my experience with Fido until now has been great, but I just don't think customer retention is your priority.

Accepted Solution

Re: High billing for going over daytime minutes

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @KR3

Welcome to the Community.

I understand how this could have felt like a deceiving situation, we definitely care about our customers that's for sure. I'm sad to hear it's not how you feel! 

Incoming and outgoing minutes are counted towards your airtime unless stated otherwise. 

Also, keep in mind that you can always track your usage on My Account or directly on fido.ca ! It's the easiest way to make sure you don't go over your minutes.

Let me know if you'd like us to look into your options and we'll be more than happy to send you a PM! 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @KR3

Welcome to the Community.

I understand how this could have felt like a deceiving situation, we definitely care about our customers that's for sure. I'm sad to hear it's not how you feel! 

Incoming and outgoing minutes are counted towards your airtime unless stated otherwise. 

Also, keep in mind that you can always track your usage on My Account or directly on fido.ca ! It's the easiest way to make sure you don't go over your minutes.

Let me know if you'd like us to look into your options and we'll be more than happy to send you a PM!